banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusion guys.. what pups are you using from SD or DiMarzio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiminisheD-7th
    replied
    Re: Fusion guys.. what pups are you using from SD or DiMarzio?

Originally posted by SliderJeff
    Yep, I realize that artists are all over the map with regards to their pups... that's sort of why I asked the question, to get a "lay of the land" as it were.

Wow... EMG's for fusion? That is most DEFINITELY the first time I have ever heard that suggestion.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    beleive it dude,
    i play a crapload of fusion and my EMG's deliver crispy and righteous tone :fing25:
    seriously

Leave a comment:

• WITH FULL DISTORTION
    replied

Ah frank gambale uses hot rails neck and Jb bridge on his UGLY yamaha exotic guitar
    ahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Donnie B.
    replied

Patrice Vigier was quoted as saying that towards the end Shawn Lane had ditched the Lace pups and gone back to Dimarzios. I think he used a Tone Zone at the bridge and a PAF Pro at the neck.

Be sure to check out the Shawn Lane Forum over at www.noproblemhere.com

Very cool forum with tons info. Shawn's sister as well as a couple of his closet friends and even Patrice Vigier are members.

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Yep... sounds MUCH better to me today. I listened to all of your clips... you've got alot of talent, dude. I loved some of those sweeping sequences you did in that one clip. Yeah, we all wish we were alot cleaner playing stuff, but that comes with practice... which I KNOW we all have lots of time to do.

Anyway, thanks for the clips, dude. Sounded much better through my studio monitors here at home.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Thanks for reminding me to go re-listen. Let me fire up the old monitors here at home and see what's what.. opinions forthcoming shortly.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• \m/(00)\m/
    replied

not to be :off topic: but how did you like the clips now that your ears aren't blown

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Hmmm.. that's not one I have heard of... unless it's just a fancier name for Fender's Lace Sensor pickups of the early 90's? I seem to recall Gold, Blue and Red models. I thought Shawn used mainly the PAF and PAF Pro from DiMarzio though.. at least in his Ibanez Ghostrider. Not totally sure about that.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Mattt
    Guest replied

You may want to investigate the Lace Transensor pickups... as used by Shawn Lane.

They are very good pickups.

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Yep, I realize that artists are all over the map with regards to their pups... that's sort of why I asked the question, to get a "lay of the land" as it were.

Wow... EMG's for fusion? That is most DEFINITELY the first time I have ever heard that suggestion.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Originally posted by DiminisheD-7th
    Fusion tone are very different from artist to artist, and there realy is no standard so you can pretty much do whatever you like .
    ahh leave it i'll just post my perferences and be done with it

EMG: 89's and SA - definatly! very versatile pickups over all and have great warm clear and articulate tone, IMO fit just for this purpose.
    Duncans: lots of possibilities depending on the voicing you want, the Alnico 2 Pro humbucker and the JB are very good for this genre IMO.

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Butch,

Ahhh yes, now I remember. Yep.. made the trip straight up I-71 through Columbus and up to Akron many MANY times. Mostly through ungoldy snow storms, what fun!

Thanks again,
    Jeff

Originally posted by BS123
    Jeff,

Lebanon is half-way between Cincinnati and Dayton if you're taking I-75. You yake the Monroe exit to SR-63 and it's about 10 miles down that highway.

If you take I-71 north from Cincy, it's about 28 miles from downtown Cincy.

Leave a comment:

• DiminisheD-7th
    replied

Fusion tone are very different from artist to artist, and there realy is no standard so you can pretty much do whatever you like .
    ahh leave it i'll just post my perferences and be done with it

EMG: 89's and SA - definatly! very versatile pickups over all and have great warm clear and articulate tone, IMO fit just for this purpose.
    Duncans: lots of possibilities depending on the voicing you want, the Alnico 2 Pro humbucker and the JB are very good for this genre IMO.

Leave a comment:

• BS123
    replied

Jeff,

Lebanon is half-way between Cincinnati and Dayton if you're taking I-75. You yake the Monroe exit to SR-63 and it's about 10 miles down that highway.

If you take I-71 north from Cincy, it's about 28 miles from downtown Cincy.

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Gotcha. Thanks, Butch.

Lebanon... hmmm.. is that East of Cincy? I can't recall my geography of that area all that well. I'm originally from a little town called Canal Fulton up near Canton and Akron.

Later,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• BS123
    replied

Personally, I like the SH-5 in any guitar...For a really bright guitar, I'll use the SH-11.

I live in Lebanon.

Leave a comment:

• SliderJeff
    replied

Butch,

Care to expound on that thought? For instance, are you recommending the SH-5 for a mahogany guitar because it tends to balance out the darkness of the wood, or perhaps you are saying the SH-5 tends to be darker and goes better with a brighter wood like alder or maple?

OT: What part of Cincy are you in? I went to school at UC.. gradjeeated with a d-gree in electrical engineering in '95. Five of the worst years of my life are now forever staked to that city for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X