banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know which wires are what on a SD with "DDP" sticker on the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know which wires are what on a SD with "DDP" sticker on the back?

I have an old SD with no logo on the front bobbin, and "DDP" on a sticker on the back. It has the regular red, white, green, black and bare wires. Anyone know if these colors are the same as on the newer pickups?
    Thanks!
    !

Re: Anyone know which wires are what on a SD with "DDP" sticker on the back?

Yes they are. The red and white wires get soldered and taped together, the black is hot, and the green and bare are ground.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Would that mean it was a Distortion? I think it's 'DD' for the model and 'P' for the initial of the person that made it. maybe?

Comment

dd, that is exactly what that pickup is.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Every Duncan Distortion I have was labelled DDJ. I want to thank J- for some great tone!

Comment

If its a "J" it's likely Custom Shop manager Maricela Juarez (“MJ”), and I'm guessing they would be older Distortions.

Comment

Working...
            X