covers or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• covers or not?

I have an epi lp, decided to replace the stock pups and have settled on (I think) a 59n/ccb. I really like the sound of the cc, and the 59 from what i've heard is as good as neck pups come. Anyway im wonderin, what are the disadvantages/advantages of covering the pickups? It's cheaper not to so i'd do that if its all the same (which I somehow doubt).

Re: covers or not?

All about appearence. Some claim that covers will slightly reduce the highs, but IMO it's so subtle the average person won't notice. Other than that it's all about how they look. If you like the looks of the uncovered then save yourself a nice chunk of $$ and don't bother getting the covered models.

Comment

Re: covers or not?

I Like the looks of covers.Though it robs a slight bit of the highs,the covers also help shield out noise and keep things out of the innards of your humbucker..For me it's purely cosmetic though because I don't worry about the uncovered humbuckers in my strat's bridge positions...If the pickup gives me problems,I replace it...LOL

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X