banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys familair with the Super distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys familair with the Super distortion?

I heard it is similar to the Custom and JB but with more mids and thumping bass. Anyone tried these and like or dislike?

Re: You guys familair with the Super distortion?

i have 2 super d's.
    it's nothing at all like my custom. i have one in my charvel with just one humbucker and volume and it sounds great, and i have one in my les paul whihc isn't the best spot for one. a little too dark for a les paul but for strats and stuff it's great.

Comment

Re: You guys familair with the Super distortion?

I have JB and Super Distortion equiped Strats. I wouldn't say they sound like each other, though they seem close in output (I don't know what the real output of each is, just from what I hear).

The Super Distortion has more mids, both have a pretty heavy bottom, but the JB sounds a little more scooped and modern rock to me, where the Super Distortion just screams metal. Both sound great through a cranked amp, but the Super Distortion has these harmonic overtones that it adds as the gain is turned up. The Super Distortion has that slick harmonic dirt, but the JB has huge chunk compared to the Super Distortion.

So all in all, both sound different, and I wouldn't give up either one.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
      X