Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robb's SG

HAllo dudes -

Sorry to take up space, but being that I'm still the pu idiot of the universe, I am thinking of this combo in the white SG: a Custom in the bridge, a PG in the neck. I really like low-end, and I guess the SH-5 does that.

For what I play - is that cool? I established that this was good from all the comments folks make about these respective pickups. It's either that, or maybe a JB in the neck.

However, I may convert this one guitar back to original-like specs (by putting a Vibrola tailpiece back on) and was thinking of the Antiquities, or maybe The Gold Covers....BUT I NEED TEH CJONES in terms of tone...

Thanks again, tone council members..

Re: Robb's SG

While the SH-5 is a great pickup, I don't think it has a lot of low end. It's certainly not lacking, but not heavy in the lows either. The C5 would have more lows than the Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMano
      HAllo dudes -

Sorry to take up space, but being that I'm still the pu idiot of the universe, I am thinking of this combo in the white SG: a Custom in the bridge, a PG in the neck. I really like low-end, and I guess the SH-5 does that.

For what I play - is that cool? I established that this was good from all the comments folks make about these respective pickups. It's either that, or maybe a JB in the neck.
      ..C'mon bro, get a real neck pup for the neck slot first. ..If you don't think it's enough after it's installed, swap it. ..You can do it. ..The PG is F'ing sweet!
      A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
        ..C'mon bro, get a real neck pup for the neck slot first. ..If you don't think it's enough after it's installed, swap it. ..You can do it. ..The PG is F'ing sweet!
        Somebody mentioned a PG "set" - I've considerd that too - in fact, it was what I was going to go with until I read that the Custom was apparently so "thick & punchy"..

Comment

Originally posted by GoMano
          Somebody mentioned a PG "set" - I've considerd that too - in fact, it was what I was going to go with until I read that the Custom was apparently so "thick & punchy"..
          ...I was only talking about the 'neck' in my post(I thought you were set on getting the Custom, so I didn't say anything). ..I use a PG/Custom combo in my Gibson SG. ..My views on the Custom's eq in my SG is: it has high 'low-mids' & a dip in the 'upper-mids' with enough of a spike in the 'high-highs' to make it cut & sparkle. ..The 'low-bass' is about the same as the 'upper-mids' in volume/output. ..Still, I've really been think about giving the PG bridge a try too. ..Just so I can see if it's as sweet as the PG neck.
          A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
          This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Robb, you'll like the Custom/PGn in the SG for the kind of stuff you tend to do.

The Antiquities and PGs are killer for vintage tones and they can do much more but they do lack some of the thickness and punch that the more modern bridge pickups have.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
              Robb, you'll like the Custom/PGn in the SG for the kind of stuff you tend to do.
              yes, I agree. I love the SH-5. It and the SH-11 are my favorite bridge position humbuckers.
              -Butch Snyder
              butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Okay my dudes - it shall be just that...!

Comment

Working...
                X