This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Trader Alert

I'm on week 6-7 now. C'mon dude (roadstar II), you KNOW you have something to take care of, take care of it!
    Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian
    Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
    I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

You don't want this gear list.............

Comment

Ok guys, it's with a great degree of displeasure that I actually post in this thread. I bought and paid for a guitar from user Telerifik late february/early march. I paid immediately, and he said there would be a slight delay in shipping the guitar out and I said that was fine, no rush. Well that turned into longer than intended and he offered a refund and actually issued one, but I said I didn't mind waiting a week or two longer so sent the money again.

...Well that was all in March. It's now October. Still no guitar, and still no refund. I've sent many e-mails, and they have been responded to with messages to the tune of "I'm workin on it, give me a little longer, things are bad." Now I understand when someone falls on hard times, and if the money is gone and spent and whatever, that's fine. But he does have the guitar and it's not that much to ship it. It takes 10 minutes at a post office. I'm highly displeased. I just want my money back, soon. C'est la vie I guess.
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

I have a feeling that I am just completely screwed on my money since It will be nearing the 2 month mark here with no replies or shipping information, nothing! This dude better hope I never hit the lotto because if I do, I know where I'm visiting.

*10/29 Monday, still nothing, no responses.
        *11/02 Friday, still nothing.
        *11/05 Monday, still nothing.

Anyone else know this joker that can possibly get ahold of him? Of course no e-mail listed in the profile.
        Last edited by Toner; 11-05-2007, 03:15 PM.
        Being tighter than the JB is like being tighter than Jenna Jameson... it's just not hard to do.
        I agree, The Duncan JB has a tone comparable to Jenna Jameson's snizz, blown out like a flat tire.

Comment

• torres pickups

Has anyone tried Torres pickups? I just ordered a Torres Blues Deluxe pickguard for my MIM strat. I think I will like it, I'll let you know.
          I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

Finally Gordon sent my package.
            2003 Fender American Strat- lil 59n, stock, lil 59b
            2002 Fender American Strat
            2002 Jackson DKMGT- EMG85n, EMG85b
            2001 Fender Tele- STR-1n, STL-2b
            ESP LTD EC-300- 59n, PGb
            Amps: Fender, Mesa

Comment

• Re: torres pickups

Originally posted by darnright View Post
              Has anyone tried Torres pickups? I just ordered a Torres Blues Deluxe pickguard for my MIM strat. I think I will like it, I'll let you know.
              www.torresengineering.com
              Just Say NO to Dan Torres. That guy is a notorious rip-off.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
                I agree. My amp 800 like garbage before I had the mod removed and Voodoo do it.
                Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
                Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
                Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
                Epiphone LP Special w/JB
                Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
                Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
                1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
                Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjg View Post
                  Absolutely.

Comment

There is a guy here that is selling a Whammy pedal. He has scammed MANY people at HC, TGP, UG, and now he has made it here and to craigslist.

funk rock25

His email address is RisingTide2574@aol or something. Many people have been burned. BEWARE.

Read about him here.

Comment

Boy.... as soon as I got an internet connection, I started hearing bad reports on Dan! Pretty funny. He has a horrendously bad reputation, so I've avoided Torres for obvious reasons.

If you know what you're doing, you don't need Torres, or his parts. And if you don't know what you're doing, his tech support is pretty weak.

Comment

I received my pickguard assy today. Wrapped in 4 cushioned bags inside a shipping box. Every thing looks great...just as I ordered. Even included a new jack and a trem arm tip to match knobs. So, I remove all the stuff on my old beat to crap MIM strat, install the new guard and jack. Did have to redrill a few pickguard holes (not the 1st one of these). I string it up w/D'addario's, tune it up....and begin to play...guys, I'm not gonna argue with you about this, but I have 4 MIM strats, 1 Highway one and an Ed Roman Pearlcaster. This pickup set sounds awesome, as good as or better than, any of the others. I have Duncan's in all but one of the others, it has Lace Alumatones. I know I got hammered for ordering a Torres guard assy, but I gotta tell you, this sounds amazing. Great clean "bell-like" tones and growling-snarling dirty tones. I really love this set-up. I'm not giving up my Duncan's, I love them too, But in all fairness to Torres engineering, I ordered this last Thursday, I received it today and it was all I hoped for. I don't know that I'll order anything else, but I am very happy with this. I do appreciate all your comments, I was scared I had wasted my money, as I ordered it before anyone had responded to this thread. But so far all is good. Thanks again.
                        Last edited by darnright; 10-31-2007, 10:37 AM.
                        I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

Anyone know "Roadstar II" here that can get ahold of him? no e-mail listed, doesn't respond to messages. I'm getting tired of this $hit!

Comment

Originally posted by Toner View Post
                            Anyone know "Roadstar II" here that can get ahold of him? no e-mail listed, doesn't respond to messages. I'm getting tired of this $hit!
                            Go to his house.

Comment

Lucid Lunatic - misled me in a deal over a couple of pickups.
                              after several PM's and a agreement to send a check first he sold one of the items out from under me.

Comment

Originally posted by iodas View Post
                                Lucid Lunatic - misled me in a deal over a couple of pickups.
                                after several PM's and a agreement to send a check first he sold one of the items out from under me.
                                a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.....perhaps the other guy paypal'd him...
                                Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Working...
                                X