• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official FTL Drive 1st Production Run Thread

You ran through those quickly, Matt!
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
      You ran through those quickly, Matt!
      Sure did. I didn't think I'd be anywhere near a sell-out by this time. I'm really blown away right now.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
        Oh boy ... #012 sold to rammer69's buddy Lothson gtrs!

ONE LEFT!
        yea, it was a scramble to get it done, i sent larry the you tube demo , & left for work, (no computer) larry called me & wanted me to get him one, luckly i remembered your e/m from earlier, (larry had forgotten his password to s/d), i did'nt know if you had any left as they were going fast, anyways he is happy now, BTW , lothsonguitars.com builds great guitars, he has been building over 30 yrs, i have one he built in mid 80s. ps he also sells bare knuckle p/ups & mohave amps

Comment

i would get a custom paint job, but i just spent some money on a custom loop-switcher, instead. Stop tempting me! (lol) i better stop or i'm gonna be broke! jk...though that enclosure with some sweet flames could be awesome...ok, how much was a custom paint job again?
          Last edited by vladmarr; 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM.
          Guitars:
          JT200c les paul copy( jazzn,59n b);
          MIM Fender Sunburst Strat.
          Gibson Lp Standard cherry burst.
          Traynor YCV-50 Blue

Life is too short for bad tone…

Comment

so... did you sell them all yet?
            Guitars:
            JT200c les paul copy( jazzn,59n b);
            MIM Fender Sunburst Strat.
            Gibson Lp Standard cherry burst.
            Traynor YCV-50 Blue

Life is too short for bad tone…

Comment

Still one left, but I have interest from a well-liked gentleman from Tennessee.

Comment

SERIOUSLY contemplating the trade.

I like the sound of your demo, Matt. REALLY like it.

I'm thinking that pedal would add some serious mojo to the Celtic Franklin.

Teknon Theou
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

looks like you rocked this project out bro!!!

BIG CONGRATS!!!
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I watched your demo again...are you like the salesmen in the guitar shops?

Are you getting sounds I'll never find at home?

Teknon Theou

Comment

SERIOUSLY contemplating the trade.

I like the sound of your demo, Matt. REALLY like it.

I'm thinking that pedal would add some serious mojo to the Celtic Franklin.
                      I watched your demo again...are you like the salesmen in the guitar shops?

Are you getting sounds I'll never find at home?

I'm glad you like it. I am not sure a trade would work for me unfortunately, even though I really would love to give a TTC a try. My margins are pretty tight as it is with these prices, so I do need the cash in order to make this work.

Also, as cool as the TTC is, it sadly wouldn't have any place in my rig. I have a two channel amp, and I already have my own FTL plus a Boss BD-2 and a BYOC Octave Fuzz. That's a lot of tone options already, not to mention a jam-packed pedal board.

So basically, if I took the TTC on trade, I'd probably end up selling it. I'd rather you sell it yourself and pocket the few extra bucks you'd no doubt make.

Of course, you could always keep the TTC and run the FTL into it. I bet that would be really nice. You have a great amp there, and I'm sure it will play nice with the FTL.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                        UPDATE: ONE FTL DRIVE LEFT!!! PLEASE E-MAIL OR PM ME BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. I don't want a situation where two people pay for one pedal - that would suck big time. HUGE thanks to everyone who has ordered so far!

ALSO: Deadline to order a pedal is April 30 at 9 PM Pacific Time, assuming they haven't sold out by then

For those who don't yet know, I have built a pedal called the FTL Drive. I posted a demo video on YouTube, and so far 11 forumites have expressed interest in purchasing one. I am going ahead with a limited production run of the FTL Drive.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqECIyBJU_Q

Here is a thread where I went through my design process for the pedal: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=154404

This is a very, very cool pedal. I use it in my live rig and I'm very happy with it. The demo video is nice, but it doesn't do the thing justice. It's one of those pieces of gear I find myself playing through for hours because the tone is so addictive. It is a high quality pedal in every respect. It responds to pick attack and guitar volume like a real tube amp. That's to say nothing of the versatility. I dare you to find an overdrive pedal out there that can cover as much ground as this one can.

Want one? Here's how this is going to work. I'm accepting PayPal (all welcome) or Interac transfer (Canadians only). You pay the full balance up front. I can't take partial deposits for this run, as I actually need the money to buy parts and supplies. I think my prices are very generous considering what this pedal is, so I'm sure this won't be a problem.

Cost for an FTL Drive shipped to your door with a standard etched aluminum finish will be as follows:

Canada: $115 US
                        USA: $130 US
                        UK: $165 US
                        Other: e-mail of PM for a quote

I'm just one guy with limited resources, so I'm going to have to cap the production run at 12 pedals. The first 12 people to pay me will get a pedal. Please check this thread before you send payment to check and see if I've reached my limit. If the thread's been deleted, you are too late.

My PayPal and main e-mail is grill dot jockey at gmail dot com. You are welcome to e-mail or PM me any questions you have about the pedal.

Once I close off the ordering and start procuring parts, your payment is non-refundable. The only exception is if I have to cancel production for some reason, in which case you get a full refund.

Once I get enough orders, I will order the parts and start production. I will have a better idea of when they will ship once I get started. I expect it will take about 2 months from start to finish.

Thanks all!

Matt
                        wow i totally missed this thread... i wish i had known... then i would not have bought a replica claymore at the Scottish Games
                        sigpic
                        Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
                        Dunlop Crybaby
                        MXR Custom Comp
                        GFS Twin Overdrive
                        Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
                        Blackstar HT-DISTX
                        Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

I tried the prototype on two different amps today: a Marshall TSL100 head, and a Peavey Classic 50. The FTL did a great job of smoothing out the TSL's edginess, and it turned the C50 into a very nice gig-worthy amp. I actually preferred the tone of the FTL into the C50's clean channel over the C50's crunch channel.

Comment

So can you make this pedal become a delay, phaser or chorus if needed?
                            I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Wrong show.

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
                              So can you make this pedal become a... phaser ...?
                              ---------------------------
                              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
                                So can you make this pedal become a delay, phaser or chorus if needed?
                                Ha ha ... sorry. I am thinking about an analog chorus for my next project though.

Comment

Working...
                                X