Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 1986 Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro aph-1

Hi,

Virgin post here, getting all pumped up and excited. I am looking for a pair of 1986 Alnico II Pro with black bobbins. Having no luck searching for a long time on eBay and at my local guitar shop, I figured this place is my last hope. Here are some identify tips of a 1986 Alnico II Pro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0butGWtsWA

So if you have a pair, I am willing to pay $200 for 'em, thanks.

Jason ; )

Re: WTB 1986 Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro aph-1

Originally posted by jason10087 View Post
    Hi,

Virgin post here, getting all pumped up and excited. I am looking for a pair of 1986 Alnico II Pro with black bobbins. Having no luck searching for a long time on eBay and at my local guitar shop, I figured this place is my last hope. Here are some identify tips of a 1986 Alnico II Pro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0butGWtsWA

So if you have a pair, I am willing to pay $200 for 'em, thanks.

Jason ; )
    I just saw a set about a month ago on feebay that went for $130. They were wound by MJ too. I did'nt have the greebacks then or they'd be under my strings right now.
    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
      I just saw a set about a month ago on feebay that went for $130. They were wound by MJ too. I did'nt have the greebacks then or they'd be under my strings right now.
      Haha, the guy in the youtube video sold two pairs during the summer but I didn't have the money then; else they'd be under my strings right now.

True, I was bidding on that pair and I lost it for $123.00, what a joke. I think that was a 1987 pair.

Jason

Comment

Interesting video. Does this mean my Invader is a 1986?

Comment

Hmmm, hard to say; but it should be around that era(1980s). The trick part is the wire, some 1986 Seymour Duncans I've seen have the "vintage-braided wire"(JBs and 59s), and I believe the 59s still kept it(PAF style); some others have the 4 conductor wires and claimed to be before 1986.

The best way to spot IMO is to look for the black tape wrapped under the plate like he mentioned in the video.

Jason

Comment

It doesn't have the tape under the baseplate, but I've seen modern ones, (last couple of years), that did. So I don't think that's much of an indicator. The main thing is, it has the large letters and says "Seymour Duncan Pickups" underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              Interesting video. Does this mean my Invader is a 1986?
              From info I've gathered I think it could be '83-'88. I could be wrong though.

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
              Whats the color of the capitals? Black or red? Probably black, because the red ones have on winder inital afaik

We have up to now only a very rough timeline! In this it should be made prior to 1983

This are my best guesses:

1. no backlogo, small tag without winder from late 70 up to ?
              2. no backlogo, small tag with winder from ? to 1983
              3. big backlogo without MiA, small tag with winder from at least 1983 to 1988
              4. small backlogo with MiA, small tag with winder from 1988 to 2002
              5. small backlogo with MiA, large tag with SN and Model from 2002 to ?
              6. small backlogo with MiA, large tag with date from ? to now

When did the silk screen front logo come?
              "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Right on!

I think the black tape on the baseplate comes with all PAF type pickups without cover. This is standard on vintage Gibson without cover.
                I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

That would make sense. My new 59 had it, and the Invader/Custom/Stag Mag, etc. didn't.

I think this thread is worthy of being in the pup lounge.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. But does anybody have a pair of 86' SD aph-1s?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                      X