FS: Trinity Triwatt Lead in Swanson Hiwatt Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Trinity Triwatt Lead in Swanson Hiwatt Cab

Great amp in perfect condition, just moving cause I have an Ampeg V4 coming to run in stereo with my VT-40 :love::love::love:. In a Hiwatt style head box from Swanson(a few hundred in itself IIRC) and loaded with KT-66's. Good deals list in the sig and feel free to PM with any questions or email me at brettwchilds AT yahoo DOT com. Sorry but the only pic I have right now is a crappy cell phone group shot of some of my gear but it's below with some details from the site:

The TRIWATT has a preamp inspired by the early "4 Hole" amps, and by Pink Floyd legend, David Gilmour's "3 Hole" version which had two bright channels inputs and a third linking the two. The TRIWATT has that classic HIWATT sound, reminicient of Pete Townsend and David Gilmour.

Key points about the Design:

Big Hiwatt DR clean tones and breakup at more ear-friendly levels
    Vintage style early '70s 103 preamp (with cathode-follower)
    Three-inputs - Normal, Bright and Link, like Dave Gilmour's 3-input amps
    Switchable 80s' "Biacrown era" high-gain OL/Lead mode, with Overdrive control
    Early Hiwatt style 12AT7 phase invertor, with 12AX7 option for increased drive
    Solid State rectified, fixed-bias, 22 Watt 6V6 power stage, based closely on Hiwatt original
    Switchable 6V6 or KT66 operation with External Bias Control and Test Points
    Transformers closely based on original Hiwatt Partridge transformers for definitive tone.
    Compact physical format and cabinet
    The amplifier is a dual channel design and straight-forward amplifier with a built in "channel jumping" Link input. It has an all-tube signal path design with a solid-state rectifier. Fixed bias operation is utilized for the output stage. This amp uses a pair of 6V6's in a push-pull configuration using "negative feedback".

The dual channel preamp with its variety of tone controls is coupled to a 6V6 or KT-66 capable power section. The tone controls allow the player to attain an excellent array of complex tones. If you’re looking for classic mid 70's HIWATT sound at more ear friendly volumes, then this is the amp for you!

Last edited by live-I-evil; 05-15-2011, 04:07 PM.
    Good Deals List

Gear(Always for trade/sale for the right offer)
    4x12 Bluesbreaker style G12H-30's
    Vox AC30H2<---- $1400
    91 Les Paul Studio
    Fender Strat
    MIJ es335 Replica

Re: FS: Trinity Triwatt Lead in Swanson Hiwatt Cab

Uppity for boutiqe hiwatt tone!
    Good Deals List

Gear(Always for trade/sale for the right offer)
    4x12 Bluesbreaker style G12H-30's
    Vox AC30H2<---- $1400
    91 Les Paul Studio
    Fender Strat
    MIJ es335 Replica

Comment

Working...
    X