Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX84 Hi Octane handwired ptp high gain amp head

AX84 Hi-Octane:
    Handwired by Chris Hurley, the founder of the AX84 project and he's no longer doing these. This is all Point-To-Point Wired by hand with no solid state components. It's truly an amp that can last a lifetime. Circuit layouts are posted online, as well as lots of schematics for modifications that you or an amp tech can do.
    Controls are Volume-Treble-Mid-Bass-Gain Stage 1 -Gain Stage 2.
    It has 2 Ei 12AX7 tubes in the preamp and the option of either 1 EL84 output tube (7 watts) or 1 6N1P output tube (1 watt). Tonewise, I'd put this amp as somewhere between a Vox AC30 and Marshall JCM800 with the EL84. Very bright and chimey when clean, all the way up to pretty crunchy and aggressive when distorted. With the 6N1P tube, it becomes warmer and thicker (very brown) sounding and more Fender/Boogie like.
    You can truly get this amp down to whisper quiet, even with a 2x12 cab and can crank it all the way up to deafening volume levels. It has outputs for 4, 8, and 16-ohm speakers.
    It comes in a matching pine head cabinet that I built for it. I'll also include a stack of NOS Russion military 6N1P tubes, enough to last you a lifetime.
    $470 Shipped in the US if you buy it outside of eBay or $470+shipping costs if you buy through eBay.
    Last edited by SoundAt11; 01-16-2011, 06:36 PM.

Re: AX84 Hi Octane handwired ptp high gain amp head

bump

Comment

pm me an offer if you're interested, I just might say 'yes'.

Comment

price drop bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
          X