Pearly Gates Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearly Gates Plus

I have a pearly gates plus I've had for some years, I thought I saw a few people looking for one while I was browsing the forums. I'm not quite sure what it's worth sales-wise, so I'm hoping to trade for something. Looking for a clear bridge when distorted. Hot, but not "nasal-y", I like the low end even in bridge position. But want a crisp sound.

Re: Pearly Gates Plus

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
      pm sent
      Little caveat: This is parchement white (a Fender color), which does not match with Gibson cream or standard white. This was a big backdraw for me!
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

The most important question... how much?

Comment

Trade for a Dimarzio Chopper?
          18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

Are we talking about the same Pearly Gates as the one on Detroit Craigslist?
            Hi I'm Brian with the Invader, lol.....

Comment

Did the PUP sell?

Comment

What did you dislike about this one?
                Yowza!

Comment

Just a curious question is did they ever make a factory Pearly Gates Plus in black or just the white/parchment? I know slapping an alnico 5 in a regular Pearly Gates is the same thing, but I was just curious if they ever did one from the factory in black?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                    Just a curious question is did they ever make a factory Pearly Gates Plus in black or just the white/parchment? I know slapping an alnico 5 in a regular Pearly Gates is the same thing, but I was just curious if they ever did one from the factory in black?
                    They were all made for fender in just white and available in white only from fender,unless you ordered one via duncans CS.

Comment

Would it be possible to order a Tremspaced black Pearly Gates Plus as a Shop Floor Custom so it's not a full custom shop price?

Comment

Would it be possible to order a Tremspaced black Pearly Gates Plus as a Shop Floor Custom so it's not a full custom shop price?
                        Maybe? you would have to call the CS but i am thinkin that being that the PG and PG+ are wound different, the PG+ with other options would be a full CS order.

Comment

Pretty sure the PG+ is just a PG with an alnico 5 instead of the stock alnico 2 that's in the regular Pearly Gates.

Comment

Pretty sure the PG+ is just a PG with an alnico 5 instead of the stock alnico 2 that's in the regular Pearly Gates.
                            I hope you are right,cause a mag swap is easy.
                            I heard that fender had duncan wind it a bit hotter for the lone star and big apple strats?

Comment

Either way, we still havent heard from the op. This was posted in August.

Comment

Working...
                              X