This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEAP Cabronita Project Tele Allparts, TV Jones, Hipshot, Red Dirt

Sadly selling my Cabronita style Tele as there's a Gibby I really want elsewhere and because I find I really prefer modern radius necks. This is a fantastic feeling, sounding, and playing, lightweight guitar, but I'm really trying to trim the herd here and my strats and vintage guitars stay. This guitar was expertly assembled and set up by local ubertech Rob DiStefano.

Here are some of the details:

Allparts TMO-C neck with a hand cut bone nut and satin chrome (gray/silver) Sperzels locking tuners. This neck is in great shape and I bought it new from Ralph several months back.

Red Dirt Tele body with Filtertron routes and strat cuts in swamp ash. My tech had to widen the pickup routes a little bit, so it has silver TV Jones bezels around the pickups. One of the bezels has a crack around one of the screw holes.

Both the neck and body were finished with several coats of Tru Oil.

TV Jones Powertron in the bridge
    TV Jones Magnatron in the neck

Hipshot modern bridge.

RS Guitarworks 500K pot & Panasonic switch.

I have a lot of money and time invested in this, but will blow it out (I know this is hard unseen, but pictures are coming later) for $400 by PP gift/$425 regular PP to the lower 48. Won't have a gig bag or case (I'm out of them!), but will be packed well for its journey. Neck will be removed for safety.

Part out prices:
    Neck with tuners $160
    Magnatron $85
    Powertron $85
    Both $160
    Body with Hipshot bridge, ferrules, custom back plate, electrosocket cup and jack (I'll be keeping the pot and switch for another project) $125

Thanks!

Last edited by chickencoop; 01-08-2012, 01:36 PM.
    '93 G&L Legacy w/ Barden SD's - '82 Epi Special II w Gibson Shaws - '82 Us Epi Spirit w BKP Mules - '82 US Epi Special I w Barden HB TT - Partscaster w/ WCR American Steele Set - Partscaster w BKP Mule/MM - Partscaster w WCR Iron Man/Fralin UB - Jule Modded Orange Dual Terror - Port City 1x12 w/ Scumnico 12" - Ear Candy Buzzbomb 2x12 w/ Scumback H75 and Tone Tubby Alnico

Re: CHEAP Cabronita Project Tele Allparts, TV Jones, Hipshot, Red Dirt

bump for lower priced on neck
    '93 G&L Legacy w/ Barden SD's - '82 Epi Special II w Gibson Shaws - '82 Us Epi Spirit w BKP Mules - '82 US Epi Special I w Barden HB TT - Partscaster w/ WCR American Steele Set - Partscaster w BKP Mule/MM - Partscaster w WCR Iron Man/Fralin UB - Jule Modded Orange Dual Terror - Port City 1x12 w/ Scumnico 12" - Ear Candy Buzzbomb 2x12 w/ Scumback H75 and Tone Tubby Alnico

Comment

Working...
    X