banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTT : give me 2 and I'll give you 3 ! (Dimarzios and GFS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT : give me 2 and I'll give you 3 ! (Dimarzios and GFS)

Ok, I'll try to make that simple. I just bought a RG550 and I want to change the pups. Another thing : I have pups laying around, begging to be played .

Here's what I'm after (bridge must be trem spaced!) Those are ideas. Try me ! :

D-activator set
    D-activator x set
    Crunchlab liquifire
    dimebucker/sd59
    invaders set
    I want them to be all double black or black/RED (yeah, long shot). Black poles if possible. If you have something along those lines, try me.

I could be interrested in a double cream set too (med output to high. I want something versatile tough).

About the "give me 2 and I'll give you 3" : if you have something in that list above, I'm willing to let go 3 pups for your pair. The only 3 I won't let go in the

If you don't have a pair, I'm more after a neck pup than a bridge pup. Try me if you have a neck pup.

So, Here's my valuables

Dimarzio Super distortion (bridge)
    Plenty of lead, 2 conductors. 48 mm spacing
    EDIT : I'm on the fence about that one...

Dimarzio Double whammy (neck)
    You have an obsession over the 80's ? Now's the chance to own this black/pink beauty

GFS Dream 180 (neck)
    Was used for an hour, than put it back in the box (sounded nice, but traded the guitar a few days later). Obvisouly, plenty of lead. 4 conductors. PS : it's the reflection of the lead that you see in the pic, it is not crooked.

Seymour Duncan distortion
    Plenty of lead. I redid the surroundings for the pups with electrical tape. I did a "ok" job to be honest. 4 conductors. 50 mm spacing.

Last edited by leftyjay360; 05-10-2012, 09:06 AM.
    Quoted from somewhere I can't remember :
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy guitars...

Re: WTT : give me 2 and I'll give you 3 ! (Dimarzios and GFS)

ttt

Comment

I recently picked up a 1990 RG550 Black on Black with Maple fb. This guitar sounds huge with a Super D in the bridge. At first I thought it was a Tone Zone. I have the Super D in other guitars but it sounds different in this.

I found in the neck a Tone Zone LOL! I pulled it an now it has an old Jazz JNJ. But I need to re-wire because the switch is bad and it's hard to get the neck pickup.

I love your red-black-red scheme. I'm thinking of black with a mirror pickguard.

Comment

That could suit my needs I guess

See edited OP for corrected info/added WTT

Comment

TTT

Comment

Working...
          X