Gibson Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Explorer

Gibson Explorer, cream color with white pick guard. Guitar is mahogany body/neck with an ebony fretboad with medium jumbo frets. Neck is straight and frets have very little wear. Hardware is a TOM/stoptail, pickups are high output ceramic 500t bridge/496r neck. This guitar has no dents or dings but does have a finish issue. There are a few random black lines/marks under the clear or under the actual paint that are showing through, they are not real dark as they did not show in the pic. If these marks were on the edges of the body I would say it was the bleed issue Gibson had but these are in the middle of the body and are lines not smudges. The marks were there when I bought the guitar about a month ago, the guitar plays and sounds so good it did not matter to me. I am selling this because I have recently done some pickup swaps and I have another guitar that does this "sound" now, guitar comes with Gibson hard case with white interior. Looking to get $850.00 shipped. Please feel free to call me at 781-572-7791 with any questions.

Re: Gibson Explorer

my dream guitar right there........
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

bump for a killer guitar. one of the best sounding, best playing Gibson's of the pointy variety I have run into and Jim has owned them all at one point or another.

Comment

Jim: What year is this one? Do you know what it weighs?

notesfield: are you saying you have played this specific guitar?

Comment

Good price! Wish I had the flow.

Comment

Good deal on one of the coolest guitars, ever.

Comment

Beautiful. That's the Explorer I have, though I am slowly going '50's style with it (gold hardware and knobs). I'll be painting mine black, as the factory black models don't have ebony boards, and it has some cracks I'd like to cover anyhow. But I'd like to eventually have a white one as well. Very tempting...
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post

Yes, I have played it. In my dealings Gibson can be inconsistent like any mass producer. This one has that magic combination -Nice sounding piece of wood, super fretwork, no tuning issues, great tone. Really fun guitar that is inspiring to keep playing.
                Last edited by notesfield; 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I ws just looking at my ad and realized I left out the year, I will check when I get in tonight, I think the store said it was a 2008 but I could be mistaken. It is light for an Explorer IME, I would put it at 9lbs, I will weigh it tonight as well.

Comment

Thanks, Jim. Look forward to the info. I have a 2006 76RI Natural Explorer that is.....7 pounds even. That seems crazy light for an Explorer, but it sure is easy on the back while playing standing up.

Comment

I likewise have a 2008 and it's super light. I doubt the body is a solid piece on mine which makes it very easy to play all night long.

Like Chad I have the natural 76 style but this is really a beaut.

Comment

Thanks, Jim. Look forward to the info. I have a 2006 76RI Natural Explorer that is.....7 pounds even. That seems crazy light for an Explorer, but it sure is easy on the back while playing standing up.
                        Guitar weighs 8 1/2 pounds and is a 2009 model.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                          X