78? Fender Bassman amp chassis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78? Fender Bassman amp chassis.

I bought this with every intent of fixing it up and modding it. I just never got around to it. So my loss is your gain on this one. It is a bit of an oddball amplifier though. The stamp code on the chassis says it's a 78, but the trannys date back to 74. It's still an UL model Bassman. Some like them, some hate them. The 3 things I can tell you are 1: It does work, but it needs a new set of power tubes. 2: It would be best advised to change the filter caps, as the originals are still in it. 3: Have it changed over to a 3 prong cord. I have the cabinet, but I'm not going to ship it. It honestly probably wouldn't make it through shipping it's in such bad shape. Newell cabs makes awesome replacements and are much better than the stock cabs of the silver face Fenders came with anyway.

I will answer as much as I can about the amp, but I'm no amp guru. I will take lots of pix tomorrow and get them posted up. If there's anything in particular you want to see, post it up and I'll get it up.

With late 60's through the 70's Bassman's really taking off in price, I'm going to let this one go for a steal. $200 + shipping. I think that's a more than reasonable price, but if you have a better offer or something that might pique my interest for a trade, shoot me a PM and we might work something out.

The current photos I have can be seen here:

I only accept money orders, or if I've dealt with you in the past, a personal check.

Don't miss your chance at what's fast becoming collectible. Not only can they sound really good stock, but they a ton of potential for mods!

I'll be a little negotiable on price, but don't expect too much give. Trades will depend on what you have. Cash his king here for the moment. I ran across something I've been looking for, for a long time now.
    Last edited by Mr 9finger; 06-09-2012, 08:31 PM.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: 78? Fender Bassman amp chassis.

photo bucket link no workie

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

This work?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

You're killing me, man. I want that, but I would kick myself in the butt later.

Comment

I'm in the mood to cut some deals. Now is the time to get me!

Comment

Bump...make some offers!

Comment

Working...
            X