This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE: Gibson "The Original" HB-R & HB-L 1988 Humbucker Set

UP FOR GRABS...A RARE MATCHED SET OF 1988 GIBSON THE ORIGINAL HB-R (7.6k) & THE ORIGINAL HB-L (13.65k) HUMBUCKER PICKUPS FROM A 1988 GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD. 4 WIRE SO THEY CAN BE SPLIT/TAPPED. BOTTOM LINE...THESE ARE GREAT SOUNDING PICKUPS IN ANY APPLICATION!!! $164.99 VIA PAYPAL GIFT (SHIPPED PRICE IN THE CONTIENTAL USA.

The Gibson HB-R (neck position) and the HB-L (bridge position) "The Original" Circuit-Board Humbuckers were the result of an exceptional collaboration between Bill Lawrence and Gibson when he re-joined the Gibson team in the late eighties.

The HB-R & HB-L pickups are thought by many to combine the low-end aggressiveness of a Bill Lawrence 500-L with the precision of a Gibson Classic '57 Humbucker

After having several pairs of these pickups and using them in various guitars, I finally got a handle on these pickups - the Gibson HB-R/HB-L Humbuckers are of a "High Fidelity" Nature very much like Ultrasonic Humbuckers (also Bill Lawrence Designed) in that they both had Circuit Board Backs, Low String Pull/No Feedback so you can put them as close to the strings as you want w/o issues, Manufactured in West Germany, and, if you read the below description...it is pretty much word for word describes these humbuckers...

*** UltraSonics were passive pickups made in West Germany and designed by Bill Lawrence. They were billed as being tonaly neutral so they let the guitars natural character through. They did this by having a flat eq. They also used "rare earth magnets".

Ultrasonics should be installed very close to the strings because they have virtually no string pull. They are not alike ordinary passive pickups.

Recently pulled from the below guitar...

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-15-2012, 01:45 PM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Re: FOR SALE: Gibson "The Original" HB-R & HB-L 1988 Humbucker Set

Bumpola for The Muttz. Thanks for the Takeuchi!
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Right on! Glad it made it safely. Thanks for da bump!
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I have a set of these,never gave them much thought.....mayve U should sell mine

Comment

Are they really better than a set of Duncans?

Comment

Buy them and tell us.
            Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

Originally posted by atreidesheir View Post
              Buy them and tell us.
              This. Tell you what-if they're like Ultrasonics, they're like nothing else you've ever heard and can pull off just about anything. I have a set of the Ref 3s I'm throwing back in one of my Vs as soon as I get home. GLWTS.

Comment

I dont remeber anything about them..I took them out of an Orville By Gibson LP standard....just saw this add and remebered I have them....took them out tonight....probably sell them....

Comment

They're different than anything else you've tried...Duncan, DiMarzio, Rio Grande, WCR, whatever...personally, I have loved 'em in everything I've put them in. BTW...they're going back on the shelf...just in case.
                  MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X