FREE strat pickups, you pay shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE strat pickups, you pay shipping

I have a set of strat pickups that I just got from Ayrton for the low low price of his shipping costs. According to Ayrton, these are Fender Highway 1 strat pickups, with some assorted white and off-white covers.

Unfortunately I also just got a set of Duncan SSL-1's that sound great in my strat, so I'll have no need for these and I want to continue to pay things forward.

So if you want a set of strat pickups with covers for $7 shipped (as long as you're in the CONUS/lower 48), then post a pic of the strat they'd be going into here in this post and if it looks cool to me, then you'll be the winner.

thanks!
    J.
    "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Re: FREE strat pickups, you pay shipping

those are decent pickups man. Don't need em, but thats cool of you.
    Arytons rocking a set of Custom Chubtones if I'm not mistaken, and from my experience having a set in one of my Strats, thats gonna be a great set.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 11-30-2012, 09:47 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I'd love me some Hwy 1 pickups, and I just thought of a place I could put 'em.

This was my first guitar, an '85 MIJ Strat. It had EMGs when I got it back in the early '90's. I took those out and put in vintage style pickups. But then I went back to the EMGs recently just for ****s and giggles. Well, the giggles are over, and I'd like to go back to vintage style pickups in this guitar. But unfortunately the vintage pickups that were in the EMG Strat are now being used elsewhere.

Here she is in all of her Japanese glory, right after I put the EMGs back in:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	8136898006_aba3eef736_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	5763565

I'm sure someone could use them more than me; it's not like a have a useless guitar that needs pickups to be operational. But I would certainly use them if I had them.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 11-30-2012, 10:00 PM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Its great of both you and Ayrton for doing this. Pay it foward. Good things come to those with a kind heart. I believe that. Ok...so Im showing my girly side. I got mine wired up the other day. Couldnt thank Ayrton enough for his gift.

Comment

Yes, it's awesome. Hopefully it gets some good guitars up and running.
          Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Itsabass, what are you doing with the EMGs now?

Comment

Bump

Comment

very cool. thanks for your generosity. hopefully someone wins.

Comment

bump for a pic of them.... waiting to hear back from ItsaBass. If he's not interested, then these are still available.

Comment

PM sent. Thank you very much. And now I will dig around for something to give away in thanks for your generosity.
                    Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

so cool. Keep paying it foward.

Comment

Working...
                      X