FSOT Shiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSOT Shiva

i JUST FOUND A NICE BOX WITH PLENTY OF Padding.
    Therefore Im going to offer this Bogner for trade, or less likely, for sale.
    Super Clean Shiva. EL 34. Reverb Y2k year of production. Strong tubes .

This is one sweet amp. Blackfacesque cleans to die for ( specially with a good treble boost), and some great british style overdrive. Takes pedals well due to tube buffered effects loop.
    Cabinet is loud and punchy.Speaker is Classic 80 Celestion that came stock and works perfect.
    Retailed for 2700. Looking for 1400 cash or trade for something cool of equal value.... I said EQUAL value..open to most things. Have ohter gear to even trades, but not much cash.
    Trade for Equal ValueMesa, old Fender, Hiwatt, Sunn,Old Orange, OLd Marshall. Gibson , Martin , Fender . I have other gear to even the trade value.

Last edited by MetalManiac; 12-05-2012, 07:36 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: FSOT Shiva

Did you ever get the grill rattle fixed?

Is it still the most over rated amp you've ever heard?

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Most overrated Amp Ive ever heard. I thinks its a very outdated design.
    jack -of-all-trades, master of none.
    Hell, my 150.00 Crate Lee jackson Stealth does a hell of a lot better Hot Rod marshall .
    The Cleans aren't even as good as even a hot rod deluxe.
    Shh , dont tell noone, casue this goes on the trading block shortly after the first of the year!
    Gonna parlay it into a trade for a great guitar or Mesa or hopefully old Fender.I'll add cash, thats the ticket..someone who needs a littel cash, and is bored with theor Mesa or other high end or vintage amp, plus my Shiva.
    Is it still disappointing compared to your SRRI??

Thanks very much. Yes, its nice and clean, and quiet ( besides some sort of slight tube noise), and runs cool. Ive just barely played it, so I havent explored all avenues yet, but like people have said, it doesnt get that pristine bassy new Fender sound. Ive dialed in a bunch of different settings, some are better than others, and its really nice, but overall disaapointing compared to the Super Reverb.
    Not surprising I guess.
    The dirty sound I'm not going to try and get into tonight, but preliminary results sound very promising. As Ive said, the speaker seems to be rattling some, so maybe due for a replacement/upgrade.
    Also interested to run this into my 2x12 George Lynch cabinet.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeah I would have disclosed that rattle before trading or selling. The other stuff was a little oTT. I was hypercritical of it at first.
      Point is , Ive already got two Marshalls, and plan on getting a Blackface Super or Deluxe, so the Shiva would be redundant.

Got a Hiwatt Custom 50?? Also trade for Mesa MKIV head, or IIC. I'll throw in some extra to even the trade.
      Last edited by MetalManiac; 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Yeah I would have disclosed that rattle before trading or selling. The other stuff was a little oTT. I was hypercritical of it at first.
        Point is , Ive already got two Marshalls, and plan on getting a Blackface Super or Deluxe, so the Shiva would be redundant.

Got a Hiwatt Custom 50?? Also trade for Mesa MKIV head, or IIC. I'll throw in some extra to even the trade.
        If you went and got a IIC, just so you know, unless they are mint mint they don't go for that much. Usually $1000 max.
        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Got any soundclips?

Comment

Trade for a Marshall dsl halfstack

Comment

Working...
            X