WTTF: Original VHT amp nameplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTTF: Original VHT amp nameplate

My early-90s Pittbull Classic was rebadged by the previous owner with the modern "FRYETTE" nameplate. For status reasons or something. I have no idea.

Problem is, the newer nameplates are not nearly as wide as the original VHT plates, which were glued on. The end result is that I have visible glue residue on either side of the current nameplate on the amp. Boo!

So, if you have an old VHT wide-style nameplate (pictured below) and would like to just trade me for my snazzy new modern FRYETTE screw-on plate, hit me up!

Also, if you're not into a trade, I'd be willing to buy your nameplate off you. Just throw me a reasonable price.

Here is the style of nameplate I am looking for. The amp pictured is actually the same as mine (but mine is way cleaner and in better shape).

-Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Re: WTTF: Original VHT amp nameplate

Punch the dude who rebranded it in the face....
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

There's a couple older VHT's in mint shape at my local GC, being sold used for $1000. I can't imagine what the original owner took for them....probably $500.

I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to sell to raise some cash, but I just can't bear the thought of letting any of it go cheaper than I paid for it. And I usually pay low Craigslist prices for everything I get.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        There's a couple older VHT's in mint shape at my local GC, being sold used for $1000. I can't imagine what the original owner took for them....probably $500.

I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to sell to raise some cash, but I just can't bear the thought of letting any of it go cheaper than I paid for it. And I usually pay low Craigslist prices for everything I get.
        Whoever sold those must have needed cash immediately.

I'm with you on reselling. I try to make it my policy to never lose money on a deal.

I don't need to do "better than the other guy," I just try not to come out worse for the wear. If I can make a little extra money, I will, but market demand will dictate how much and getting that right is just a matter of timing.
        Last edited by sosomething; 12-20-2012, 08:10 PM.
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Working...
        X