Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM900 MKIII 1x12 combo for sale

JCM900 MKIII 50 watt 1x12 model 2501.

This is a KILLER amp. Dual master volume. This is NOT the dual reverb model which gives JCM900s a bad name.
    This was the first series of JCM900s and only made for two years. It was Marshalls answer to the demand for a hot rodded JCM800.

Overall good condition. Works PERFECT.

EL34 power tubes.
    Original speaker has been replaced by an Eminence Patriot Red White & Blues. I usually put CL80s in my amps and when I got this one I never saw a reason to change it. It sounds great.

The front panel has a "Volume" (preamp), "Sensitivity", two Master Volumes, Bass, Middle, Treble & Presence.
    The first Volume is supposedly based on the JCM800 circuit and designed to give you the classic 800 tones.
    Start turning up the sensitivity knob and you'll get the blistering higher gain modded 800 tone.
    I actually prefer blending the two to get a fatter tone.

Rear panel has a Direct Out, Recording Out, Effects Loop and a High/Low switch.
    Most people consider the High/Low switch a half power switch but it actually switches the amp between pentode & triode mode.

Footswitchable dual master volume. Two different Master volumes that you can set at different levels & switch between. Great for solos. Uses a one button footswitch which I don't have butI'll include a two button footswitch. One button switch volumes, the other button doesn't do anything.

I had my tech make me a special 1/4" jack that when plugged into the effects loop return increases the volume dramatically.
    Many people put a cable in the effects loop but I just opted for this special jack.

This amp is very compact. It's smaller than my JCM800 1x12 combo but it is extremely loud and can keep up with a band no problem. We rehearse a loud levels and I only have the master around noon.
    I've gigged at smaller bars & clubs without mic'ing it and it roared. Never got the master past noon.

I've had it a couple of years and have done quite a few gigs with it. Always sounded great and NEVER gave me any issues. VERY reliable.

$650 shipped & PayPal'd.

Last edited by Hoboman; 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM.

Re: JCM900 MKIII 1x12 combo for sale

Awesome! I've always wanted one of those! I have the 50watt head version. Sounds fantastic!
    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Which model off the Patriot series?

Comment

Originally posted by EL WHOPPO View Post
        Which model off the Patriot series?
        Eminence Patriot Red White & Blues

Comment

I am looking for a nice little Marshall combo and this sounds pretty good. How does it clean up?
          Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
          Ibanez RG1570 Custom
          PRS McCarty STD
          '71 Gibson SG Custom
          Bogner Alchemist 2x12
          Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ View Post
            I am looking for a nice little Marshall combo and this sounds pretty good. How does it clean up?
            Cleans up really nice with your guitar's volume.
            Here's someone (not me) doing a demo of the head version.

Comment

Wish I had the cash bro I would not hesitate on it if I did.
              Little rundown on this amp.
              It was built one year only 1990 and there are few of these amps around. I know this because I own and play out a good bit it's twin. I have owned mine for several years now and would never sell it.
              IMO it's one of the best sounding Marshall's out there but did not sell well in 1990 because it had no reverb and no cleans.
              If you want solid cleans look elsewhere but if you want KILLER Marshall crunch from light bluesy crunch to molten metal and liquid sustain look HARD at this amp.
              If I had the cash I would snag it and drop the chassis into a head box to use as a compact head and as a backup to the one I have.
              Here is a live clip of mine no dirt box.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

+1 for any prospective buyers. I had the 100 watt version 1x12. Killer hot rodded marshall crunch all day long.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Someone buy this before I do....or buy it and trade me for my 50watt head version!
                  Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                  "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Thanks for the kind works everyone.
                    I'm hoping to get some more pics up sometime this weekend.

This is a GREAT Grab & Go combo that will rip peoples heads off.
                    Plug it into an extension cab and you'll tear the walls down.

If you're in the Northern IL/Southern WI area you're welcome to come try it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X