Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Wayne Checkerboard Star-2007 NAMM Guitar

Hello...

I am selling Wayne #257 which was a NAMM guitar in 2007. Neck feel is in the Charvel vein (as would be expected), on the thinner-side and "U" shaped. I made an offer to the seller on EBay in December and it was accepted. Since getting this, I have wound-up some other items I probably didn't need so I need to move a few things!

Pictures tell the story...A low-number guitar from Wayne Charvel and son./..Plays fast like a Wayne should, frets are awesome 95%+ life, a *****ing checkerboard finish (it would probably cost $750+ to get a finish like this done), a cool birds-eye neck, white EMG (not sure which one), gold hardware, C/G Case, etc...If you have never played a star, I don't think there is a better shape to play in the seated position...It is just awesome. When standing, it feels like a firebird as the neck real estate seems so open...

Only issues are the nut is cut bad on the "G" string, not sure if it can be filed or if it could be filled..It makes a muffled "clank" when played, the slightest pressure behind the nut stops the noise...I took a close-up, sure seems deep to me...Worst-case scenario , it could be replaced (which I was going to have done when I had time).

Volume pot is a little scratchy (contact cleaner will probably fix it), finish crack in neck pocket (looks awful in the pics vs. real life, obviously purely cosmetic) and if you are feeling for it, one edge of the skunk stripe feels the slightest amount raised.

Some of the pics show a small black smudge on the bottom point of the star (the long side). I wiped it off after taking most of the pics (you will see it is gone in the second picture)

$1150 Paypal'ed and shipped to the lower 48 via UPS

Zillions of references on EBAY, Gear Page and Rig Talk...Ask if needed

Re: FS: Wayne Checkerboard Star-2007 NAMM Guitar

Man this has Xssive writtn all over it
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
      Man this has Xssive writtn all over it
      Too funny!!!

When I saw the thread title at the top I though that Xssive must be unloading a Wayne!!!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Ohhhhhhh man.

So much WANT.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

I just came a little

Comment

Yeah man, I WANT it too but no money for that at this time. B/W I would be dying and it would be GONE by now too.
              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
              Guitar to sound output:
              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Working...
              X