banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Either I'm crazy, or I need an RWRP SSL-1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either I'm crazy, or I need an RWRP SSL-1.

For the last 18 month's I've had a 59N in my Tele, and I was SURE I had an SSL-1 stashed away in case I ever wanted to go back to a Strat neck pickup. Now, that time is here, and I can't find an SSL-1 around here anywhere. I'm starting to think I've just gone crazy.

So... reset. Maybe I was wrong, and I just never had the pickup. In that case, I need an RWRP SSL-1, preferably one with a white cover. An SSL-2 will do the job as well.

If you have one to sell, PM me.
    Last edited by Rich_S; 06-12-2013, 12:51 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: Either I'm crazy, or I need an RWRP SSL-1 (or -2)

Nobody has a spare SSL-1 or -2 in the parts drawer?
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

Comment

Re: Either I'm crazy, or I need an RWRP SSL-1.

Hey Rich-maybe I'm the crazy one, but IIRC when I put a SSL-1 in the neck of my Tele it actually had to be a NON-RWRP pickup to get hum canceling. It depends on your bridge pickup though; mine is a vintage Duncan Tele.

I love a Tele with strat neck and middle pups, Tele bridge with a 5 way switch.
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I had a Nashville for a while, and I'm pretty sure the RWRP SSL-1 in the middle hum-cancelled with the STL-1 in the bridge.

Edit: Just to be sure, I e-mailed SD tech support. Let's see what they say.
        Last edited by Rich_S; 06-14-2013, 05:37 PM.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

Comment

Cool. I though it was weird when I wired it up too. Right now it's set up like this: RWRP SSL1 neck-'regular' wind SSL1 middle, vintage Tele lead.
          2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
          1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

RWRP is for pussies.

Comment

i'll have one shortly. I'm about to install a JB in the bridge of my strat and i was going to move the non-rwrp to the middle spot (cos i prefer non-cancelling) and the rwrp will end up being unused. I dunno if if its worth it if you want to carry the shipping cost (and the wait) from australia to the USA tho?
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Found one on eBay. I think it's RWRP, we'll find out for sure when it gets here.
                Last edited by Rich_S; 06-19-2013, 08:09 AM.
                Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                Rich Stevens

Comment

Working...
                X