1994 Ibanez Talman White w/w/ Lipstick pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Ibanez Talman White w/w/ Lipstick pickups

'94 Talman by Ibanez. Out of production and a collectors classic, it'l be 20 years old in 6 months. They sound surfey and jangly through a Fender Amp. .Its a Alder resin guitar, and sounds vintagey.

Whenever I got it, it had EMG's, and I bought some Alnico lipsticks to return it to stock, but you can see where I had to cover up the battery box hole. The nut was busted, so I had to build up the nut with plastic shavings and crazy glue. Could use a new nut.

Then I filed down some indents on the first few frets some. Its a jangly sound, I think they only go about 4-5K resistance, so its very poppy and crisp. I think i'll dump this and make a proper Strat with Seymour Duncan lipsticks pickups ; its such a cool tone;

Theres a large fracture of the paint that doesn't go through to the wood, purely cosmetic- I didn't even notice it till after I bought the guitar, and its in an hard to see place . I can show a picture for a serious inquiry.You are going to absolutely love this guitar. It will be sent in a nice gigbag, with a Fender Strap and Schaller Straplocks..

275.00 PP'd and shipped. Will trade for a old very early Rat in nice shape, or possibly a special Muff or Delay. Yes, I'll ship to Australia, but be prepared to pay a kings ransom.

Last edited by MetalManiac; 06-19-2013, 09:45 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: 1994 Ibanez Talman White w/w/ Lipstick pickups

Question for you:
    Will this guitar accept the lipsticks if it is the humbucker model?

Backstory is my wife had a Talman when she was 15 that was pink and had lipsticks. However I can only find the pink with humbuckers and would like to fit it with lips any chance you could send me a picture without the pickguard?

TIA

Comment

Working...
    X