Massive Gear Purge Part2: Fender KWS Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Gear Purge Part2: Fender KWS Strat

Kenny Wayne Shepherd sure knows how to design a Strat. Vintage appointments and modern playability

Alder early 60s type body.
    Maple Neck w/Rosewood 12" radius board
    Super fast satin polished back. Profile is based on his 61. It is C shaped, about like an AM STD at the nut then tapers up to a big meaty neck..1" around the 12th fret
    Jumbo frets (not the railroad track 6000s like on USA Deans, these are 6100s I believe, like on the Highway1 strats).
    Vintage style tuners.
    Aged White parts
    (looks white in pics, but it is aged white/cream).
    Graphtec saddles.
    AVR bridge
    Vintage metal shielding plate under the pickguard.
    Schaller buttons preinstalled at the factory.
    Tone 1 control wired to bridge.
    KWS custom pickups for neck and middle. Not typical MIM junk. Wound to his specs, with a hotter middle pickup. I have installed a DiMarzio FS1 in the bridge. Hot enough for old school metal (70s/early 80s KK Downing, Malmsteen in Steeler/Alcatrazz prior to the HS3), but not so midrangey and honky like most hot strat pickups such as the SSL5 or SSL3 (you can hear below in the clips). I think I still have the original KWS bridge pickup as well (overwound early 60s type) and will include it in the sale.

Came with 5 springs per KWS, but I use 3. Extras in bag along with plate and screws (see pic). It has typical surface scratching , especially on the pickguard. It also has two dings as you can see in the pics. the one on the back at the lower bout is more like a crushing of the finish, you can see the wood, but its still covered..kinda like a crushed lifesaver...weird. The one on the back of the top horn is to the wood but not flaking. I play these things, so if you are looking for immaculate, probably not your thing. But with some TLC most of the surface can be buffed out and pickguards are cheap . Both dings are on the back and not visible from the front. I would rate it overall aesthetically 8/10. Functionally its a 10 (assuming you like your strat set up the way I do). Frets in great shape and includes gig bag. Clips below (hendrix clip is with all stock pickups and EB RnR Slinkys- second clip is with FS1 in bridge and Boomers).

$625 TYD lower 48
    Sales only, no trade offers, please.

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Massive Gear Purge Part2: Fender KWS Strat

Weekend Bump
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Bumpage

Comment

Reasonable offers considered

Comment

Bumpage for a great Strat who needs a new home!

Comment

Bump. Shoot me an offer.

Comment

Weekend bump

Comment

First and only price drop

$550. Tyd con 48usa.

Comment

Working...
                X