Thinking about selling the RG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about selling the RG...

I am currently tossing the idea of building a Strat around, and if I decide to do so one of my guitars will have to go. The RG is low man on the totem pole, so he'd be the one to get shipped out. I want to see what kind of interest it will generate before I make my decision though, so here we go.

There are some cosmetic issues with it, but nothing major. The unfinished wood is more susceptible to knicks and scratches than a regular finished guitar, and there are a couple of knicks I'll point out. The biggest thing IMO has happened just recently. One of the JPM decals on the upper bout started curling up and falling off, so I removed the whole graphic. They seem to have left little ghost images of themselves in places, so I'm thinking they might have taken off a uber-thin layer of wood with them in spots. I don't think it's anything normal use or even super fine sanding wouldn't take care of.

On to the hardware! The only thing left stock is the bridge, and the pots. The pots could use replacing but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The pickups are DiMarzios, Tone Zone in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck. The stock 5-way switch has been replaced with a 3-way. The tuners have been replaced with Sperzel locking tuners. The strap buttons have been replaced with ends for a Clip-lok strap. Finally, the guitar is set up for 9-46 guage strings.

I'm thinking of asking around $250-300 shipped for the guitar and hardshell case, but I'm not sure if that's a fair price really. If anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated. Again it's NOT officially for sale yet, I'm just trying to get an idea of interest, etc.

After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Re: Thinking about selling the RG...

OMG! i love that finish! i'd trade a MIM strat and maybe cash/pedals you might want, but im in the UK... but i'd pay cash in a heartbeat as well

*has new fave finish*

Comment

Wow even with the little flaws? That's unexpected .

Comment

If you decide to sell it PM me.

Comment

Cool man, will do. I'll likely decide sometime this week. A major factor is sadly if I can find a damn box that will fit it .

Comment

Fret...go to a music store and ask for a box that a guitar was shipped in. The best I have found are from "Daisy Rock Guitars (Schectors) They have the normal "wedge" and then a huge rectangle box that the wedge slides inside of. If your lucky the wadding they use will come with it. I usually offer to pay for these and depending on who helps me I get them anywhere from free to 10 bucks. Makes packing a guitar "uber" easy (lol) and safe. Its worth the 10 spot.

Comment

Cool, I'll head up to Roswell when I get a chance and get a box, I doubt the little piddly music store here in town will much but I'll check them too. Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by SheDoesntDoIt4Me
                Fret...go to a music store and ask for a box that a guitar was shipped in. The best I have found are from "Daisy Rock Guitars (Schectors) They have the normal "wedge" and then a huge rectangle box that the wedge slides inside of. If your lucky the wadding they use will come with it. I usually offer to pay for these and depending on who helps me I get them anywhere from free to 10 bucks. Makes packing a guitar "uber" easy (lol) and safe. Its worth the 10 spot.

man, thats a good tip! kinda sucks to think a shop is willing to make money from their trash.. but hey, who loses?

some shops just leave the cardboard stuff in the doorway, theres quite a bit of recycling going on in the bigger high streets near me.. just walk on by and help them out some

Comment

Working...
                X