Larrivee D-03E For Sale - MINT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larrivee D-03E For Sale - MINT

Hi everyone, I'm selling my killer Larrivee D-03E guitar, made in Canada. Specifications:

All Solid wood Construction, Single Piece Mahogany Neck, Canadian Sitka Spruce Sound Board & Bracing, African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge, Canadian Maple Body Binding, Sapele Back & Sides, Symmetrical Parabolic X-Bracing, Hand fit Dovetail Neck Joint, Rounded Larrivee Headstock, White Inlaid Larrivee Logo, Multi-Strip Inlaid Rosette, Ping Tuners w/ 18:1 Ratio, Ivoroid Fretboard Binding, Exclusive Beveled Tortis pickguard, Microdot Fretboard Markers, L.R. Baggs Element Notch system (Single Source).

This guitar is MINT - no issues at all. Never gigged or played hard at all. More of a songwriter. $999 shipped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	larrivee (8).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	5834615

Name:	larrivee (1).jpg
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	5834613

Name:	larrivee (2).jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	5834614

Name:	larrivee (7).jpg
ID:	5834616

Name:	larrivee (6).jpg
ID:	5834617

Name:	larrivee (5).jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	5834618

Name:	larrivee (4).jpg
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	5834619
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Re: Larrivee D-03E For Sale - MINT

Bump!!
    -=The Dali

Comment

Larrivée makes killer axes. This is a very nice one. Good luck with the sale!

Comment

Reduced $899 SHIPPED.
        -=The Dali

Comment

Bump again!

Name:	keep-calm-and-bump-them.png
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	5781089
          -=The Dali

Comment

Is this still available?

Comment

Sorry, decided to hang on to it for the time being.
              -=The Dali

Comment

Understand that! For $899, someone (glad you're hanging on to it!) would have got a great, great deal on a killer, North American made, solid wood guitar. Larrivee guitars have a loyal following for good reason and their dread's are top notch.

Not to get off topic, (OK...I'm going off topic!) but I have to brag a bit about my Larrivee. 25 years ago, my soon to be wife introduced me to her sister. The topic of me playing guitar came up and her sister pulled out a beautiful, pristine L-09. She played a little bit of guitar and wanted to treat herself to nice guitar. So, she bought this baby used (yet un-used) in 1986. Turns out she bought it from my ex boss at a music store I used to manage! Although I had heard a bit about Larrivee, I was really not that familiar with the company and had never played one.

As soon as I opened the case, I could tell it was a quality instrument. Beautiful (solid woods) tight grained spruce top and stunning East Indian Rosewood back and sides. No flash or bling, just a tasteful and elegantly understated JCL inlay on the headstock.

Anyway, it was a bit hard for her to play, so it pretty much sat in it's case the time she owned it. It was just too much guitar for her. I pulled it out of the case, gave it a quick tune and started to play 'From The Beginning' by ELP...(one of my go to acoustic songs along with 'Can't Find My Way Home' and 'Time In A Bottle', lol!) MAN! I was blown away! Even with old strings, it had a wonderful, even tonal quality and a touch responsiveness that just blew me away.

Future sister in law insisted I take it home....so I did! That was 25 years ago. She made it official and gave me the guitar in 2001. From contacting Larrivee, I found out it was made in the Victoria factory before it burnt down. They lost a ton of records in the fire, but from the serial number and other info the estimated it was made between 1980-82. From my own detective work, I'm pretty sure it was made in 1982.

I've always used 12-52 light gauge strings on my acoustics since 1968. I helped a buddy on his acoustic CD project in 2003. I needed a new set of strings and he handed me a set of mediums. I was apprehensive about going up a gauge, but what a freaking surprise! This guitar sounded amazing with lights but mediums took it to the stratosphere!

Anyway, that's my Larry story. I've played many since then and have been blown away by the amazing quality. I would venture you'd have to pay at least $1,500 - $2,000 for a solid wood guitar of the quality Dali offered. If he put's it up again, someone better jump fast!

Comment

Thanks - it is definitely a sweet axe!!
                  -=The Dali

Comment

Working...
                  X