banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here interested in trading some passives for actives? Blackouts/EMGS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here interested in trading some passives for actives? Blackouts/EMGS...

Looking to go Passive in my EC 1000 and before I pull the trigger on buying the passives I want I figured I would see if anyone here is interested in a swap...

Currently rocking a Blackout neck in the bridge with a EMG 60 in the neck...these pickups work very well together, I'm just interested in trying passives in this guitar.

I'm interested in all sorts of pickups so throw out just about anything, some pups I'm really keen on are dimarzio super3s, Duncan 78, Alternative 8, Screamin Demon, Higher to moderate output pups with a generous mid range push.... If you have something like a bareknuckle warpig I'd be willing to do both pickups for just one.... I'd love to try some black winters, I'm really thinking of going with white or zebra but black is welcome also....

Re: Anyone here interested in trading some passives for actives? Blackouts/EMGS...

Bump

Comment

Re: Anyone here interested in trading some passives for actives? Blackouts/EMGS...

Got any clips of them in action?

Comment

Of me, unfortunately no, I can post some vids of other folks using them if you're interested....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post

*fixed*

Comment

You do have a ground wire in there, right? Some guitars that came stock with actives didn't have a ground wire to the bridge.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
              @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                You do have a ground wire in there, right? Some guitars that came stock with actives didn't have a ground wire to the bridge.
                This is the exact reason I left most of my ESPs that came with actives alone (or replaced them with other actives). If they come with EMGs there won't be a wire. With Blackouts, there usually is a wire.
                Last edited by slaveunit; 12-23-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

When the original owner of my guitar switched to blackouts he used all the blackout pots and hardware and ripped all the emg stuff out.....

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
                    When the original owner of my guitar switched to blackouts he used all the blackout pots and hardware and ripped all the emg stuff out.....
                    Okay. Doesn't mean there's a bridge ground wire in there. There might have never been a hole drilled for the bridge wire.

Twitter:
                    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Blackout hardware is the same as emg stuff... Seems odd that he would switch it all out. As dominus mentioned, you need a wire from ground in the cavity that runs to the bridge with passives. EMG and Duncan argue whether this is necessary for actives.. Duncan thinks it is, EMG doesn't.

You can just open the cavity and look to see if it's there.

Comment

Snap a pic of the control cavity. I would think it would have the hole that leads to a bridge post regardless of it being active or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guitar View Post
                          Snap a pic of the control cavity. I would think it would have the hole that leads to a bridge post regardless of it being active or not.
                          Some LTDs that came stock with actives don't have the hole.

Twitter:
                          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I'll snap a pic this afternoon and post it up for you fellas....

Comment

Bump, go ahead and shoot me a message for pics, will email or text.....

Comment

Working...
                              X