Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knob Trading Thread

Hi,

I have a bunch of knobs I'll likely never need, and others that I want to pick up. I'll list what I have and what I need. If you want to do the same, feel free, like the pick-guard trading thread.

What I'd like at the moment are chrome Tele dome knobs. I definitely need chrome, not nickel. I need two sets, but if you have just one, it's okay.

I have:

G&L Tribute series chrome press-on dome knobs (4). Never used. These are metal shells with plastic inserts. Made for import pots. Nice knobs to replace your stock import knobs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422497845.941316.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	5836267

All-Parts nickel dome knobs (2), mildly used. Set screw attachment.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422497868.424902.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	5836268

Seymour Duncan matte black barrel knobs (2), factory sealed. From Duncan Blackouts preamp.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422498412.241915.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	5836273

Strat knobs, aged white. Full set, used but in good shape. Very slight wear and "greening" of the gold lettering on the volume knob. Pulled from a Fender MIJ vintage reissue. (I also have the matching pickup covers from the same guitar). Fit standard pots, not metric.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422497923.577600.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	5836269

Strat knobs, aged white. Full set, lightly used. Pulled from a Fender Custom Shop Strat. (I also have the matching pickup covers from the same guitar). These are a slightly more brittle and very slightly translucent material compared to the MIJ ones. They are also slightly more "tan" than "cream" vs. the MIJ ones. They're slightly nicer looking knobs/covers IMO.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422498039.178312.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	5836270

EMG stack knobs. These are the knobs that came with my 25K stacked pots. Bottom needs 8mm shaft, top 6mm. Unused.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422498104.409246.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	5836271

Gibson top hats, black with gold tops. Some chips on the rims, as this style of knob can easily get. Fit standard pots, not metric.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422498240.016838.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	5836272

I also have a set of "formerly white" MIJ pickup covers from the '90's. The parts of the covers that were exposed to light above the pickguard have yellowed.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422498595.424018.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	5836274
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 04-25-2015, 08:48 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: Knob Trading Thread

Is there a way to tell if tis chrome or Nikel?
    I have two knurled knobs I could probably trade.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 01-29-2015, 12:56 AM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Re: Knob Trading Thread

Chrome is more "blue-ish", while nickel is more yellowish. Chrome is much more resistant to corrosion and stays shiny. Nickel ages and gets a patina if exposed to sweat and not kept polished.

Comment

Knob Trading Thread

Chrome has a colder looking silver color than nickel. Usually chrome plate will reflect a white light as pretty close to white, while nickel will reflect it a bit yellow. Chrome looks cheaper, IMO, but I need chrome to match the rest of the hardware on the guitar.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X