WTB- Randy Rhoads polka dot V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB- Randy Rhoads polka dot V

Looking for a replica of Randy Rhoads' polka dot V. Only interested in black with white dots and with the harpoon headstock- not interested in the Jackson roundhorn version. Ideally, I'd prefer one with a Floyd, but I'll consider a vintage style trem. I figure it's a tall order, but I'll put it out there anyway.

I've seen the one going for $745 on eBay from "zoesandra" but I'm a little leery of it as I know zilch about them. I know decent guitars can be had at that price point though. Anyone familiar with those?

Re: WTB- Randy Rhoads polka dot V

Originally posted by Leotis View Post
    Looking for a replica of Randy Rhoads' polka dot V. Only interested in black with white dots and with the harpoon headstock- not interested in the Jackson roundhorn version. Ideally, I'd prefer one with a Floyd, but I'll consider a vintage style trem. I figure it's a tall order, but I'll put it out there anyway.

I've seen the one going for $745 on eBay from "zoesandra" but I'm a little leery of it as I know zilch about them. I know decent guitars can be had at that price point though. Anyone familiar with those?
    for $745 it's a chinese copy.

for $2600 you can get a true replica by the man that made Zack Wylde's replica

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
      for $745 it's a chinese copy.

for $2600 you can get a true replica by the man that made Zack Wylde's replica

http://www.gmwguitars.com/Zakk.html
      For around $5000 you can get a replica made by Karl Sandoval who built the original Polka Dot V.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yeah, I looked into both of those, but this is just something for me to entertain myself with playing old Ozzy songs around the house. I can't justify spending that kinda money just for that. Now, if it was something I'd be using live, it would be a different matter...but I don't see myself using it with my band.

Comment

Jackson made a bunch of Import bolt on rhoads in polka dot you could track down

Comment

Beware the Jackson's replica. Looks different in details.
            Need of FUZZ ?
            Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

Yeah... I've avoided those simply due to the different headstock. Probably go with GMW ultimately, if nothing pops up before long.

Comment

Still looking for a used GMW...the eBay cheapie is Korean garbage I found out...much to my chagrin.

Comment

Working...
                X