FS/FT: EITHER Dean VMNT Mustaine sig OR Ibanez EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT: EITHER Dean VMNT Mustaine sig OR Ibanez EX

Unfortunately, one of them has to go. Whichever one goes first, I'm keeping the other.

Will consider partial trade for neck and rwrp mid pickups for my strat build. SSL-1s, Antiquity Texas Hot, maybe APS-2 or SSL-2...I haven't heard what those last two sound like. Something to keep the bright strat sound, yet pair with my JB Jr. that I have for the bridge.

Will also consider partial trade for upgraded pickups for whichever guitar I keep. I'd like to put Mustaine Livewires or a JB/Jazz set into the remaining guitar. Or something else, I'm not sure what will come up. Something I can rock with, as my strat will be used for the bluesy stuff, the V or Ibby will be used for harder rock. Ozzy, Def Leppard, AC DC and the like. I'm open to suggestions.

OK, first on the block....
    Dean VMNTX-MSL $650
    Basswood body, bolt on maple neck, 25.5" scale, 24 fret rosewood fingerboard, string-through body design.
    DMT Design pickups (stock)

I love the tone on this guitar. Great sustain. The neck is dead straight, I have the action lower than .025" and no buzz at all.

Custom paint (done by me) is all House of Kolors automotive paint, so this baby is well-armoured.
    KK-11 Kandy Red over BC-02 Silver, (The red looks much deeper and darker in person, the lighting is off in these pics)
    S2-25 Black, (looks dusty in the photos, but thats a gold metallic I added to the paint)
    and BC-01-4 Solar Gold.

All topped with USC-01 Show Klear (5 coats)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustaine Back.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	5840169Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustaine Front Closeup.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5840170Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustaine Front.jpg
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	5840171

Name:	Mustaine Headstock.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	5840172Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustaine Pickups.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	5840173
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Taz Rules; 02-07-2016, 03:03 PM.
    I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Re: FS/FT: EITHER Dean VMNT Mustaine sig OR Ibanez RG

Second on the block...

Ibanez EX $550
    Basswood body, bolt on maple neck, 25.5" scale, 21 fret rosewood fingerboard, 2-post trem bridge
    stock pickups, not sure if the neck is a Wizard or a Wizard II

This was my favourite guitar until I got the V. The neck is super comfortable and fast.

Again, I did the paintwork.
    Full disclosure, this is not ALL automotive paint...the girl was airbrushed with a different product, but everything else IS House of Kolors
    SS-1 silver sealer base,
    Cobalt blue candy
    water droplets are HOK S2-25 Black and S-2 26 White
    Clearcoat is PPG EC800 clear (this was used because it is compatible with the artist paints.)

The girl was airbrushed using Golden artist acrylics. They have excellent color-fastness. The technical guys from both Golden and PPG assured me that the paints are compatible, and will continue to hold. I have had this guitar for a year with this paint job and no problems. That said, in the interest of full disclosure, I don't know if the paint would hold up to a life gigging on the road. In the house for a guitar that just gets played...absolutely. Its held up great. But the abuse of the road...I'm sure about the HOK and the clear, but I'd be concerned about the acrylics. It may be fine, I just want to be honest.

Name:	Ibanez Back copy.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	5791980Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibanez Front Closeup.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	5791981Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibanez Front.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	5791982

Name:	Ibanez Pickups.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	5791983Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibanez SN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	5791984
    Last edited by Taz Rules; 02-11-2016, 12:27 PM. Reason: Model correction
    I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
    X