F.S. Pearly Gates, Double Black....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.S. Pearly Gates, Double Black....

For Sale, is a black Pearly Gates in very good condition!!! Please P.M. for additional pictures, this one doesn't really do it justice...

It's got about 12in of lead left on it (essentially a full length lead) so it could easily be used for a neck pickup as well as for the bridge in just about any guitar I can think of off hand? I.M.H.O. the P.G. bridge humbucker makes an awesome neck pickup when paired up with a higher output humbucker in the bridge!!!

Although you may want to cover it or at least remove the logo before doing so?

$60 SHIPPED!!! P.P. gift or add 3.5% for fees, please....

The picture of the pickup is for the sale, the guitar pic's below are to show all the people who didn't buy the Godin Radiator when I was practically giving it away how BLOODY AWESOME I've made it!!! So I guess if you don't care about the guitar there's no need to keep reading? LOL!!!

So, I cut the bridge for a Trembucker and did a pretty darn good relic job to that awful mirrored pickguard it originally had on it. I was going for a "Primer Shot" vintage car motif & I think I pulled it off pretty well? Three years of art school and this is what I use my degree for! Thanks for the tens of thousands of dollars worth of tuition money mom & dad!!

Lol, I do still have that brand new blue pearl guard that my friend had leftover from when he worked for Godin. I might cut that down to match this one but for now I'm quite happy with how it looks! Plus it might be a good idea to not cut it for a humbucker so the guitar can be switched back to stock at will, although I don't know why anyone would want to?

It plays & sounds sooooooooo awesome now!!! I know it sounds like a exaggeration but I'm being 100% honest. The action is so low that you'd be hard pressed to slide a dollar bill under the strings without making them move & even though it had been hanging on a wall right over the baseboard heaters in this guys apartment for the past 16 years the intonation was perfect! The winters here are not kind to guitars in ideal situations where the person knows how to care for the instrument, there it was getting a nice 1/4 inch of cigarette tar vainer over it! Perhaps that's why nothing warped? it was quite literally smoked into preservation!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???
Working...
X