X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb: overdrive pedal

Looking for a ts or any other kind of overdrive

Re: Wtb: overdrive pedal

I have a maxon808 mint-cond w/box I'd let go for $65 (the $5 would cover shipping so really $60).
    Hard to beat an od808 as a basic ts model.
    I have two and the one I always use has my entire birthday as part of the serial number, so I'm keeping that one! lol

PM if interested.

Comment

A Maxon 808 is a great pedal! If you are looking for a different flavor, I have a Boss OD-3 that I would ship to you for $55 (not trying to compete, that's what I have in the pedal).

Comment

I'd love to have your rk5 I just can't afford it lol.

Comment

Are you looking for something to run direct?

Comment

I just dropped the price on the OD to $49 shipped, had less in it than I thought. If you are looking for a TS style overdrive though, the Maxon is a great choice and dave74 has a great price on his.

Comment

Are you still looking? Do you have anything in mind you're looking for? If you want, I can send you pics of what I've got and you can let me know if there's anything that piques your interest.

We might even be able to work out some kind of a trade, depending on what you've got laying around.

Comment

I have a like new EHX Soul Food. $65 shipped.

Comment

I have been digging the 805 Overdrive. Active EQ, and more gain range than a typical TS. It solves the 'too many mids and missing bass' problem of most ODs.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I have been digging the 805 Overdrive. Active EQ, and more gain range than a typical TS. It solves the 'too many mids and missing bass' problem of most ODs.
                    Isn't it your job to dig the 805?

Just kidding. You're opinions always seem honest and straightforward. Definitely a good guy, and one I listen to.

Comment

I'm currently checking Out the maxon. I'm open to anything tho. I'm trying to see what works best in my rig. I'm especially open to anyone sending me the pedal to check out. I have great trade rep. If I decide not to purchase it, the pedal will be sent back to you in the same Shape I received it

Comment

What's your rig? And what are you looking for from it?

Comment

Fender hot rod deville, boss tuner->Rams head fuzz-->golden cello--> boss flange. I'm gonna add a chorus at some point. I want a different flavor overdrive from the cello. Something to use to push the solos through in a band situation.

Comment

Do you want something to push the Cello/Rams Head with or on its own? If you want to push the Cello/RH (or boost the volume after it) a clean(er) boost or EQ might work well either in front of or behind it. If you are looking for a "third" solo channel kind of thing, you might want something dirtier than an OD pedal, really depends on what kind of music you are playing and if you are getting the drive from your amp and pushing it with pedals, or running the amp clean and using pedals for all the dirt.

What kinds of music do you play? (An answer like "rock" won't help as that could encompass Van Halen to Tom Petty)

All the pedals mentioned on this list are great, personally I could find a use for any of them, but I wouldn't use any of them (except maybe the 805 and I would probably push that) as a main solo sound, I would only use them as boosts into a dirty amp or other dirt pedal. But, I also may be looking for more saturation/gain that you want.

Comment

I've recently switched bands so the stuff illl be play through the fender will be bands such as blackberry smoke, Jason Andean, Brantley Gilbert, Eric church, Thomas Rhett and the occasional southern rock tune. I'm alright with the dirt flavor I'm getting from the amp I just want a little more volume and grit when going into a solo. With this band I doubt I'll ever use the Rams head but probably will the cello and when I do I'll use the overdrive to
                              Boost for solos. It would be nice to find a pedal I can double for my home playing as well. I play a lot of metal for myself. Iron Maiden, sabbath, mastodon, seether, etc. that's done through my solid state Randall. At some point I want to get a bogner red or ubershall to use with the hot rod for my own metal playing. But as of right now I need something for the country cover band I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                              X