Old OEM pup feeler...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old OEM pup feeler...

The Mrs is pushing me to do a clean out of the garage.. Im trying to break a serious pack rat habit.. I know I have a bunch of old pickups that came stock in many guitars Ive had over the years. Any market for them? Just wondering if it would be worthwhile to list em and all.. Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Old OEM pup feeler...

Depends on the guitar.

If it's something vintage or uncommon then there's a market.

If it's out of an American, Japanese, European, Canadian, or POSSIBLY Korean-made guitar then it would be of interest.

If it's stock Squier pickups or whatever, people will sometimes buy them to throw into guitars they're flipping or wanting to experiment with rewinding/magnet swapping/etc.

Comment

Yup, totally depends. If you have any old Jackson humbuckers I may be interested (J-80's specifically)
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I guess Ill have to list em and see. I know I have some stock Epi pups (some are pretty good), Ibanez v1/s1/v2, Japanese Kramer pups. I may have a Jackson pup or 2 from Charvel model series. A couple stock squier pups.. (prolly no interest in those cept to flip or practice rewiring) Ill try to round em up one of these days.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The Model series are likely the J-xx pickups he referred to. The Ibanez V1 and V2 usually garner some interest, as well.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yes - there is some demand for those older Ibanez pickups for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X