FS: 2008 American Deluxe Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 2008 American Deluxe Strat

Correction 4-30-18: It looks like it's a 2007 model based on the serial code; I bought it in '08 and thought it was that year's model.

$750 shipped to contiguous US; for those interested in the details, keep reading.

For sale: 2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster in beautiful butter cream, or Vintage White, as Fender calls it, with Maple fretboard. This model had the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups that were supposedly designed by Bill Lawrence, along with the S-1 switching. I never found the S-1 feature all that useful and had read the SCNs sounded better without it anyway, so I disconnected it.

Other details:

-contoured heel (like the Jeff Beck signature Strat)
    - locking tuners
    - pop-in vibrato arm that fits in there more snugly than threaded ones
    - Abalone fret markers
    -Schaller strap locks, and comes with Schaller strap lock equipped strap

I have played this relatively little and never gigged it, as I just didn’t jive with it the way I do another Strat I’ve had for longer. That said, it does have some small blemishes on it, which I tried to indicate in the photo with picks, but the photos didn’t turn out all that well. The most significant one on the front is a small dimple indicated by the blue Luckenbach pick. There are some scratches on the back that I wasn’t able to capture well by the photos at all- the most significant is some buckle rash above where the trem cover plate would be. I would score the body an 8/10; although I could easily see some scoring it a 9 and possibly some would consider it a 7.

Years ago, the tuner on the high E string seemed to quit working years ago- I thought it wouldn’t clamp down on the string- so I called Fender and they sent me a replacement locking tuner, although it does not have the script “F” on the back like the rest. I like the coarser knurling on the locking mechanism on it more than I do the “F” locking tuners though. I still have the original defective tuner and re-examined it, and the locking piston seems to raise and lower like it should, so it might work after all. It’s included with the guitar. Also, there are a couple of spots where the frets have a rough spot, near the 12th-14th fret area. I don’t notice it when playing, but I did when I was checking the guitar out prior to photos. It probably could be smoothed out easily with steel wool. There is some fret wear, most notable in the same area. I would grade the frets an 8 out of 10.

The original pickguard was white pearl but I liked the flat white better so that’s what it’s got on it. The only thing about the current pickguard is you can hear a slight scratch when changing the pickup selector switch while plugged in. I will include the original pickguard, which still has the S-1 switch on it as well, so the S-1 could be wired back in if desired. Also included are a flat white trem cavity cover, along with the original white pearl cavity cover. Will ship in original hard-shell case with the “case candy” shown. Strung with fresh Ernie Ball regular slinkies, 10-46.

I would prefer to sell this but could entertain a trade for an SG/V/Explorer, or possibly an LP, or just maybe a shred stick (Floyd Roses continue to scare me away!). Any questions or if in need of different photos please let me know. Thanks for reading all this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ver; 04-30-2018, 08:01 AM. Reason: corrected year model

Re: FS: 2008 American Deluxe Strat

One more photo
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: FS: 2008 American Deluxe Strat

TRADED!

Comment

Working...
      X