banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeler post: Dean ML 35th Anniversary (limited edition '77 reissue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler post: Dean ML 35th Anniversary (limited edition '77 reissue)

This is a 2012 35th Anniversary import ML. Limited Edition #20 of 150. These exact specs on MLs, Vs, and Zs later went into standard production under the name Chicago Flame Series, but this is the limited edition version that came before those.

The main things that make this model special are the following: Ebony fretboard and DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups. There are other little reissue details, like the red side dots, V neck, etc., but I don't think those are exclusive to this model. But the OEM ebony board and Super Distortions are.

I love this guitar. It rips, and it is actually fairly light weight for an ML. Every time I pick it up to possibly sell it, I change my mind almost immediately as soon as I play a note. But I want to help fund a higher end gear purchase right now, and I simply have less sentimental attachment to the Dean than to most of the rest of my guitars. So I am considering returning this guitar to stock and selling it.

The pickup surround rings will come off (they are not soldered on, so there will be no evidence they were ever there). The knobs will go back to gold. The pickup rings will go back to cream with silver colored screws. I still have all these original parts, which have been sitting in a box since day 1 that I got the guitar.

The fret ends have slight gaps at the very ends (over the neck biding). I asked a skilled forum bro repairman how to fix this, and he said they can be filled with epoxy, super glue, or any of a number of other methods. These gaps have never presented a problem to me when playing, but I am mainly a rhythm player, so I wouldn't be doing much that would catch a string under them. And in the interest of being ethical, they still need to be mentioned. So, there; I mentioned it.

The hard case has one busted latch, but there are four latches on the case. The case is specific to this exact model (has 35th anniversary print on it).

Is there any interest here? The guitars from this limited run go for $650 to $800 on E-Bay, plus shipping. I am thinking I could do $550 +shipping for a quick sale to a forum bro. I would, of course, take better pix if there was a serious interest here.

This is the stock look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ml35thtbz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	5848752
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 07-23-2018, 03:12 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Re: Feeler post: Dean ML 35th Anniversary (limited edition '77 reissue)

Floyd it!
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Beautiful axe! Generally those are real players.
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
        Beautiful axe! Generally those are real players.
        It's a very good guitar. I really don't want to sell it, but like I said, I want to fund another purchase, and this Dean has the least sentimental attachment to me, because I have only owned it for 6 years.
        Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Any interest in this baby at the good price of $550, or am I gonna hafta E-Bay it?
          Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Working...
          X