Wanted: 20watt modeling amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 20watt modeling amp

Looking at Line 6 Spider 20-20 & Fender Stang I V.2 20watt;1.8 modeling combo

Any help?

thx, texred

Dove has wings of buzzard
    And buzzard, of dove

I was there when it happened, so I guess I oughta know.

Re: Wanted: 20watt modeling amp

Of those two, I'd pick the Mustang....but overall, anyone who looks at Mustangs, I tell them the same thing. Find and buy a used Mustang III....it is SO much better than the 1 or 2. Even if it is a V1 (which is what I have). The main reasons are 1.On a very clean setting, you need the power to turn it up over a drummer 2. You can control almost everything via the LCD on the amp 3. the speaker is much better 4. the open back sounds better.
    *******Please check out some of my songs:
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

I bought a Peavey vypyr.

Dove has wings of buzzard
      And buzzard, of dove

I was there when it happened, so I guess I oughta know.

Comment

Apologies to Zombie thread, but it's still the same year.

While it's not the same range as your question, I did go from a Mustang III to a Spider V 120.

Several reasons for this upgrade/migration.

1. Ease of use - Spider V has an AMP/FX button that allows you to toggle between drive, bass, mid, treble and volume buttons and comp, fx1, fx2, fx3 and reverb with the feature selected lit above the nob for quick identification. Yes you can still dive into an LCD menu with a rotary button knob (data wheel on the Mustang) for even finer editing with full control over the signal path, but fast tweaks it's press the AMP/FX button for the function and twist that knob to the desired setting quickly.

2. Looper and better foot pedal controller options (FBV 3 has all one needs).

3. USB recording to my DAW is much cleaner.

4. Most significant is the ongoing software support/development for the Spider V. The Mustang III doesn't have Android integration without the use of a third-party app (Remuda). The PC and Mac applications have not been updated since version 2.7.1 and won't be as the Mustang GT is now the current product. Check their forum for how often the Media Library (web) is not working so reliability to accessing cloud presets is more than questionable. Spider V had just updated their USB drivers 9/14/2018 and continues to support Apple iOS/Android devices as well as ongoing PC and Mac updates.

5. Line 6 Relay wireless integration in V 60 or greater amps. Until you've used a G10T and had complete freedom of movement while playing (depending on the venue you can move into the aisles at your gig if you wish) you won't know what you are missing.

Yeah, the FRFR suffers with smaller speaker sizes, but with the price drops there's no reason to not skip completely to the V 60 or better. And yes, you might have to tweek modeling amps to the venue prior to performance, but with the easy user interface this is certainly a lot easier during sound checks than having to rely on a data wheel/LCD interface to interact.

Bluetooth.... It's not reliable enough to be more than a gimmick during performances or use outside of your home studio. It'll get there eventually, but I'd skip the Mustang GT series as this is really the primary interaction for those amps, you really need that mobile device and they chose not to have PC or Mac software for patch management.

Comment

Working...
        X