1987 Charvel Model 3A/1A guitar Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Charvel Model 3A/1A guitar Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem pickups

A classic made in japan 1987 Charvel shred machine guitar. This guitar has some very minor damage on the headstock and some belt buckle rash on the back. The body is a model 3A and the neck came from a Model 1/1A of the same vintage with added kahler nut. Has Seymour Duncan Distortion pickups (logos removed) both neck and bridge, brass sustain block on the tremelo, fresh setup including a very good fret level/crown job. A string tree was added due to the fact of the angle the string was coming out of the Kahler locking nut. CTS pots with all cloth wiring. Sounds and plays incredible just thinning the collection a little. Will consider trades but cash is king. Comes with a gigbag.

Looking for $450 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Cash is king but would consider trades. I would put cash towards any of the following guitars-

Prs se mark holcomb
    Gibson explorer
    Gibson les Paul studio
    MIJ or USA fender strat
    Other 80s/90s Charvel/Jackson
    ESP M-II or Mirage
    Kramer F3000 or F6000

Click image for larger version

Name:	CMutt1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	5849577

Name:	CMutt2.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	5849578

Name:	CMutt3.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5849579

Name:	CMutt4.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	5849580

Name:	CMutt5.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	5849581

Name:	CMutt6.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	5849582
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Re: 1987 Charvel Model 3A/1A guitar Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem pickups

How does the neck pocket look?
    Any cracks?

What is the nut width?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      How does the neck pocket look?
      Any cracks?

What is the nut width?
      These guitars are 1 11/16" nut width. I might be interested, but I already have three including a project that I won't be able to finish until next year at this point.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

No cracks at the neck pocket. I put the guitar together myself and made sure there were no cracks. It is a super solid Charvel.
        Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

This is one of my favs of your Charvels.. youll regret this one cause Electric Blue is an uncommon color and not easily replaced. Hope it finds a good home with dystrust maybe..
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            This is one of my favs of your Charvels.. youll regret this one cause Electric Blue is an uncommon color and not easily replaced. Hope it finds a good home with dystrust maybe..
            As tempted as I am, I need another one like I need a hole in the head. Sorry guys.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Haha yea I hear ya man Ive been downsizing as well but I am keeping my Model-3 cause it plays so good since I added an RR3 neck, plus I need to keep atleast one Charvel.

This 3A would be awesome with a reverse maple neck with a proper floyd nut, but then again if I know Eric it wouldnt even be for sale if that were the case. Im wondering what he has cooking.

Hey Eric what are you doing over there? Haha
              87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Damn looks like the era of cheap Jap Charvels and Jacksons is coming to a close...
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                  Damn looks like the era of cheap Jap Charvels and Jacksons is coming to a close...
                  I would consider this cheap in todays' world. To get a new MIJ guitar of this quality, you would pay at least $1500.

Comment

Bump-need to sell this to find another gem.

Comment

TTT

Comment

TTT

Comment

TTT if this doesnt sell by Friday, i am taking it to a local store for trade in.

Comment

I wish you were interested in my previous trade offers..
                            I want this thing bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                              I wish you were interested in my previous trade offers..
                              I want this thing bad.
                              Sorry man need the cash to help soften the purchase i made the other day.

Comment

Working...
                              X