FT Full Shred Set, (new) Custom 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT Full Shred Set, (new) Custom 5

I have a Full Shred set in black, and the bridge is a trembucker. Looking for a different set, preferably JB/59'.

Also have a brand new, still in the box, Custom 5 trembucker in white. I'd trade for a different trembucker, also in white. Looking for something with more mids. JB, Custom, maybe a 59'/Custom.

I'd also consider selling.
    Last edited by DreamSeeker; 11-27-2018, 02:31 AM.

Re: FT Full Shred Set, (new) Custom 5

Greetings DreamSeeker,

I have a JB trembucker/SH-2(Jazz) set I'd be willing to trade for either or both of the Full Shred set. They are both in black.

More mids you say? I also have a blackwinter trembucker (really high mids) but it is in black (not white like you wanted) but I'd be willing to trade it for any of the Full Shreds you have there.

One question just to make sure: Is the Custom 5 Trembucker the SH-5 (Custom 5 as you say) or could it be the SH-11 (Custom Custom) model? In other words, is it the alnico V magnet or the ceramic magnet version?

Comment

FT Full Shred Set, (new) Custom 5

Custom custom is an A2 magnet if I’m not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Degal View Post
        Greetings DreamSeeker,

I have a JB trembucker/SH-2(Jazz) set I'd be willing to trade for either or both of the Full Shred set. They are both in black.

More mids you say? I also have a blackwinter trembucker (really high mids) but it is in black (not white like you wanted) but I'd be willing to trade it for any of the Full Shreds you have there.

One question just to make sure: Is the Custom 5 Trembucker the SH-5 (Custom 5 as you say) or could it be the SH-11 (Custom Custom) model? In other words, is it the alnico V magnet or the ceramic magnet version?
        Hey Degal,

I'd be willing to do the Full Shred set for the JB/Jazz set.

The Custom 5 trembucker is the TB-14, with an Alnico 5 magnet. SH5/TB5 is ceramic, and as Gtrjunior stated, SH11/TB11 is Alnico 2.

I actually like the Black Winter a lot, I have it in two other guitars. I wanted white because I have a white '59 neck pickup I wanted to throw in something. I have a few other pickups and things I'd trade. Anything you're looking for in particular?

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Custom custom is an A2 magnet if I’m not mistaken.
        You are correct, sir!

Comment

You’re absolutely right, Gtrjunior:

CUSTOM CUSTOM is the SH-11 has an Alnico II magnet
          CUSTOM 5 is the SH-14 has an Alnico V magnet
          DUNCAN CUSTOM is the SH-5 has a Ceramic magnet
          So there’s actually 3 of them that are similar in nomenclature. Too, they are all rated at 14.1 DCR/output. Sorry for the confusion on my part. It’s been a while since I did my research on those homonymous fiends (Thanks SD; sarcastic ��)

And Thanks, DreamSeeker, for you response!

Yes, I’m actually open to trying a number of these sets or single pickups if you have any (trembuckers preferably). Also, I’m not brand-picky so long as I can find the specs online so if you have anything semi-equivalent to these in Dimarzio or other brands, feel free to suggest:
          P-Rails (or other humbucker-sized P90’s you might have)
          Invader
          Nazgul
          Duncan Distortion (SH-6 I believe)
          Duncan Custom SH-5

I’m also interested in some hotter strat pickups (JB/Jazz or Blackwinter trade would still apply here). I don’t know much about these besides hot rails. Open to suggestions here.

So how does this work? Do I post my number or my email address and go from there? As you can probably tell, I’m a very junior member. I just joined a couple days ago so I would appreciate direction if you have it.

Thanks,
          -Degal

Comment

Originally posted by Degal View Post
            Yes, I’m actually open to trying a number of these sets or single pickups if you have any (trembuckers preferably). Also, I’m not brand-picky so long as I can find the specs online so if you have anything semi-equivalent to these in Dimarzio or other brands, feel free to suggest:
            P-Rails (or other humbucker-sized P90’s you might have)
            Invader
            Nazgul
            Duncan Distortion (SH-6 I believe)
            Duncan Custom SH-5

I’m also interested in some hotter strat pickups (JB/Jazz or Blackwinter trade would still apply here). I don’t know much about these besides hot rails. Open to suggestions here.

So how does this work? Do I post my number or my email address and go from there? As you can probably tell, I’m a very junior member. I just joined a couple days ago so I would appreciate direction if you have it.

Thanks,
            -Degal
            I actually do have an all-black Invader I’d trade for the Black Winter if you’d want to do that.

I sent you a private message regarding some specifics. Best not to post your personal info in a public thread.

Comment

Working...
            X