FS: Vintage Ukulele With Custom Tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Vintage Ukulele With Custom Tremolo

This unit comes with a custom relic job achieved through not only poor build quality, but also from being treated like **** for it's entire existence. The finish appears to be some sort of an attempt at a cherry burst, which is quite rare on this particular model. It was really only an option from 1988-90, and not a popular one at that. Scale length is 25.4" and the radius is flat.

This Uke initially came with four strings, but too broke off and I didn't feel that I really needed them all that much, so now it only has two. It's setup to be tuned in G4-G4, but sometimes it does whatever it wants, so I really cannot say in good faith what notes will come out of it. There are two extra holes in the headstock (not very clear in the pictures) to prevent neck dive.

The tremolo is a custom unit from a concept that I am working on selling to Gibson for their higher end lines of guitars. As I have not gotten down to the patent office yet, I will not be answering any questions in regards to the specifics of how exactly the bridge works. If you want to try it out, pony up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190129-220135_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	5850596
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190129-220141_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	5850597

Treewood body, dark treewood fretboard, metal frets, reverse control plate (at my specific request). Asking $350 OBO, black strap pictured in photograph costs extra. Will be shipping UPS without case. No returns.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: FS: Vintage Ukulele With Custom Tremolo

Keith Richards made alot of music with five strings on his guitar so you'll be able to make alot of music on a two string uke

Comment

I'll take that off your hands, if you can take 3,500 payments of 25 pesos..
      Guitars:
      2017 Epiphone dot
      2007 Fender Strat (Andrew Robertson Pickups "Black strat set")
      2015/19 Fender fat telecaster
      (Andrew robertson pickups broadcaster/ Duncan 59n)

Peavey Classic 50 head/ Peavey Classic 410e cab

Comment

ill give you $2 just so i can light it on fire

Comment

Give me 50 bucks and I’ll take it off your hands...

Comment

Man! That's a beauty. I think you went the wrong way on your intro. You should have said, "Almost perfect condition. Barely used." lolololol

Comment

Still here? What a pity!
              My advice: Raise the price. Wealthy buyers don't go cheap.
              Last edited by hamerfan; 02-03-2019, 02:28 AM.
              I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Man! I asked my wife and she said until our taxes come back we just can't afford it right now. Maybe sometime in March. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't sell it until I can gather the cash.
                Can you hold it for me?

Comment

Originally posted by comstox View Post
                  Can you hold it for me?
                  I doubt it has the structural integrity to be held for any prolonged period of time, but I'll see what I can do.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Although it looks to be an original, don't be fooled! This a a Chinese copy. It it was an original he would be asking 3x's that much.

Comment

Does it play like butter? Been looking for one with a dark treewood board for a while now.

Comment

I’ll give you 75 cents to throw it in your own fireplace, and post the video on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                        X