The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

Do you have a box or maybe a drawer of picks or strings that you optimistically bought a few too many to try and they just weren't your thing.. and doesn't trying out new strings and picks start to add up a bit?

In this thread we can list our "Haves" and "Wants" and then PM one another to make trade offers. And if a trade is arranged, the parties would typically pay their own postage and no funds would change hands, but in the end that would be up to the parties to work out.

The Trading Post has always been a place of honesty and fairness and if this catches on, we should have the same level of integrity here.

I've reached out to our mod before posting this and have his endorsement, and he has offered to sticky it .. thanks again, Mincer!

So I'll start..

Picks I HAVE to trade:
    picks may have been tried but are in as new condition, no packaging

3 V-pick orig (branded promo pick from BG Pups)
    V-pick switchblade
    V-pick stiletto
    Pack of 3 Dunlop primetone 1.5mm smooth
    Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm smooth
    Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm grip

6 clayton acetyl .63mm
    10 Fender medium pearloid

Strings I have to trade:
    All are new and unopened

2 D'Add EXP16 acoustic light Phosphor bronze (.12-.53)
    1 D'add EXL125 (.9-.46) older packaging
    3 pack bundle EB Regular Slinky (.10-.46)
    3 individual packs super slinky (.9-.42)

LOOKING FOR

Strings

EB primo slinky or Daddario .95 gauge high e

That's all I've got for today..
    Last edited by AniML; 11-07-2019, 08:14 AM.

Re: The "official" unofficial pick and string trading thread

I have a bunch of red Jazz IIIs I'll never use. Also just bought a pack of Petrucci Jazz picks, can probably spare 1.

I have a ton (maybe literally) of picks, let me go through and see what I can find that interests you.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Is there anything here you don't want?

Also, not exactly what you asked for with strings, but I have a set of 9-46 Elixir electric strings if you're interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	5816994
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Let me join the party. As you can see im pretty fond of the jazz shapes. Loving the petrucci flow. Would love to try the andy james too. Also anything 1.38 and above that is not too big would be nice. Anyway here is what i found right now. Might have more than one of each so shoot away if interested in anything or got something that i might like based on what i just said.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20190909_220445.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	5816996

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          Is there anything here you don't want?

Also, not exactly what you asked for with strings, but I have a set of 9-46 Elixir electric strings if you're interested.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100852[/ATTACH]
          Yeah I would really like to try a couple different Jazz and I think I see a couple XLs in there too. Let me know if anything in my list I can swap you for. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
            Do you have a box or maybe a drawer of picks or strings that you optimistically bought a few too many to try and they just weren't your thing.. and doesn't trying out new strings and picks start to add up a bit?

In this thread we can list our "Haves" and "Wants" and then PM one another to make trade offers. And if a trade is arranged, the parties would typically pay their own postage and no funds would change hands, but in the end that would be up to the parties to work out.

The Trading Post has always been a place of honesty and fairness and if this catches on, we should have the same level of integrity here.

I've reached out to our mod before posting this and have his endorsement, and he has offered to sticky it .. thanks again, Mincer!

So I'll start..

Picks I HAVE to trade:
            picks may have been tried but are in as new condition, no packaging

3 V-pick orig (branded promo pick from BG Pups)
            V-pick switchblade
            V-pick stiletto
            Pack of 3 Dunlop primetone 1.5mm smooth
            Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm smooth
            Pack of 3 Primetone .73mm grip

6 clayton acetyl .63mm
            10 Fender medium pearloid

Strings I have to trade:
            All are new and unopened

2 D'Add EXP16 acoustic light Phosphor bronze (.12-.53)
            1 D'add EXL125 (.9-.46) older packaging
            3 pack bundle EB Regular Slinky (.10-.46)
            3 individual packs super slinky (.9-.42)

LOOKING FOR

Picks
            Any Ultex .88 or higher in standard, sharp or jazz shape
            Dunlop jazz Red, black or petrucci
            John Pearce Fast Turtle thin
            Curious about anything ultex, tortex, celluloid or similar material in a teardrop shape

Strings
            Martin lifespan acoustic PB light (.12-.54)
            Elixer nanoweb acoustic light
            EB hybrid slinky (.9-.46)

That's all I've got for today..
            GREAT IDEA!!

Dove has wings of buzzard
            And buzzard, of dove

I was there when it happened, so I guess I oughta know.

Comment

So here's the icebreaker for this thread... Jb from Hell has sent me a bunch of picks and I have some on their way to him. A few in there will likely get some regular use from me

Come on guys this is a great way to recirculate / swap / share some of those old picks (and strings) and try something new for the cost of postage

Comment

The DRs got wet at some point and many of them rusted, so I've got nothing for trade.
                Last edited by dystrust; 10-22-2019, 11:06 AM.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have a few sets of dunlop 10-46 for your DRs if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Juankyman View Post
                    I have a few sets of dunlop 10-46 for your DRs if interested.
                    I don't really care for Dunlops, so I'll pass.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                      I have a bunch (5 or 6 sets I think, maybe more) of DR Pure Blues 11-50 I can no longer play due to tendonitis issues. I'd be interested in DR Tite Fit 10-46 or D'Addario EXL-110 (10-46) and possibly a couple sets of D'Addario EXL-120 (9-42).
                      I haven't tried Pure Blues in a really long time. Have NYXL 10-46 if you like those.

Also have an Elixir 9-46 set.

Comment

this is a reminder to see how many sets of 10-52 i have. i wont be using em so...

Comment

What brand?

Comment

Still have the 9-46 Elixir electric set if anyone wants them. Would trade for most any 10 or 11 set. Or picks.

Comment

Seriously, nobody else?

Comment

Working...
                              X