F/S Mercury Magnetics Tweed Bassman OT w/ Multitap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/S Mercury Magnetics Tweed Bassman OT w/ Multitap

This is an AXIOM Tone clone Mercury Output transformer w/ 8 and 4 ohm taps. It's generally accepted that these Mercury Mag transformers are the best of the best. Model number AXIOM FO50BM-2M ('59 Tweed Bassman Output w/ 4 & 8 ohm taps) It goes for $165 new, I'm willing to let this one go for $90-110 range.
    Mint condition, great tone, big iron that's perfect for upgrades for fender amps 50 watts and below.

I will consider offers from $90 dollars up. Thanks everyone. It's a multitap tweed replica!
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: F/S Mercury Magnetics Tweed Bassman OT w/ Multitap

Why are you selling?
    teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

nah, i decided to keep my 63 blonde bandmaster stock. No use in ripping its value up just for extra headroom and multitap.
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

I just remembered you posting about how much you loved the sound of that transformer a while back.
        teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Comment

it started burning the tubes after a while, bias was set too hot, hassle to take it to a tech, get it biased for the new tranny, the tubes are already old so i'd have to bias it again once they go out....just too much of a hassle in general. The sound was great though, save for the random tube toasting after i had the amp on for too long.

Comment

Working...
          X