banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a '99 Peavey Wolfgang Standard with Floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a '99 Peavey Wolfgang Standard with Floyd?

I had planned on putting this on Ebay in the near future, but I thought I'd offer it here first. This is an American-made Standard, transparent red finish, Floyd Rose bridge, and a set of Duncan pickups (A3 '59 in the bridge, A3 Jazz in the neck.) The neck is in perfect shape, no fretwear at all, and the color has changed from light tan to gold after years of lemon oil treatments. The body is in good shape, except for one little spot in which a drop of super glue dripped on the finish while I had it on my workbench...yeah, that's something you don't do twice. You can't see it unless you look at the finish up close...not a big deal, but it's there and there's nothing I can do about it short of refinishing the whole thing. Electronics are all top-notch CTS parts, all the cavities have been shielded with Stewmac shielding paint, and it's been fitted with a set of Schaller strap locks. It's never been gigged since I've owned it, I bought it just slightly used in 2001. Comes with the stock Peavey hardshell case, which is in excellent condition. I will also throw in some spare parts I have lying around...extra locking nut, extra saddles, stuff like that.

I can take some pictures if anyone is seriously interested. I'm thinking $750 shipped, Paypal only. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Anyone interested in a '99 Peavey Wolfgang Standard with Floyd?

bump...heading to Ebay in a few days if no one is interested.

Comment

Would you be interested in trading for an Olympic white 2001 Jeff Beck Strat? PM if interested... Thanks!

Dano
      EVH: "I'm a tone chaser... I love chasin' tone!"

Comment

Ryan,

Does this Wolfgang have a maple fretboard? If so I'd like a picture sent to me if you don't mind.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Jon
        Tradition S-20, Tradition G-10, Jackson DKMG, Ibanez SRX 505 Bass, Laney MXD 120H head, Peavey 4x12 cab, Fender 4x12 cab, Boss GS-10, M-Audio Black Box, Boss Metal Zone, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Boss CH-1, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Zakk Wylde, MXR EVH Phase 90, MXR Double Shot Distortion, ProCo Rat, Other Boss stuff.

SD pickups tried or still in use: JB, Zebra C5, Zebra Jazz, JB Jr., Distortion, Lil '59, Invader, Live Wire Metal, and Custom.

Comment

all wolfgangs have maple fretboards I believe.. there's no such thing as a real deal american wolfgang with a rosewood or ebony board
          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
            all wolfgangs have maple fretboards I believe.. there's no such thing as a real deal american wolfgang with a rosewood or ebony board

Actually there were quite a few Wolfgangs made with rosewood boardsd at the very end. Supposedly they were originally supposed to be for custom orders, but when it became clear that Eddie was leaving Peavey, they slapped all the necks on guitars and sold them as stock American Specials and Standards. So, yes, there is such a thing as a real deal American Wolfgang with a rosewood board. An ebony board could be had through the custom shop as well, but was never offered as stock.
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis
              Actually there were quite a few Wolfgangs made with rosewood boardsd at the very end. Supposedly they were originally supposed to be for custom orders, but when it became clear that Eddie was leaving Peavey, they slapped all the necks on guitars and sold them as stock American Specials and Standards. So, yes, there is such a thing as a real deal American Wolfgang with a rosewood board. An ebony board could be had through the custom shop as well, but was never offered as stock.

+1
              Guitar:
              2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
              Amp:
              EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
              Effects:
              G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, I haven't checked the board in about a week, I forgot to look and see if anyone had replied to this topic. Jon, I'm sending you some pictures.

Ryan

Comment

Can you send pics to:

[email protected]

Thanks!
                  www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

I would like to see some pics as well please...

[email protected]

Thank You
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                    X