I can't believe I'm doing this: 1960 RI Gibson Les Paul Special DC for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I'm doing this: 1960 RI Gibson Les Paul Special DC for sale

I can't believe I'm doing this guys Up for sale is my mint condition 1960 RI Gibson Les Paul Special DC. First and foremost are pics (and I took a lot of them, this guitar deserves nothing less): http://photobucket.com/albums/v298/t...is/For%20Sale/ I purchased this new from Saul at Centre City Music in San Diego back in March of this year. It has been played sparingly at home (mostly kept in its case) and it hasn't been taken out of the house (definitely no gigs with it).

I have three other guitars that are beatup that I can use live so this one just isn't getting used. I'm slowly trying to condense down on the amount of money I have invested in my gear and I could use some of the money to work on paying off my new car. Something has to go and this is the most expensive piece of gear I own, so unfortunately it must go.

This has a number of improvements over the stock RI 0 LP Special DCs. I asked over on the Gear Page for advice on the finest guitar tech in CT and Chris Tatalias from Eastcoast Music Mall was brought up (he is also an authorized Gibson repairman). I had Chris take out the old nut and put in a fresh new bone one (he filed it as well). The tailpiece is a genuine Gibson lightweight aluminum wraparound (these retail brand new for roughly $120). The stock studs were replaced with TonePros locking studs for less movement, better energy transfer and sustain. The stock in-line Kluson tuners were taken out and replaced with everybody's favorite Sperzel locking tuners (ask anyone who owns these about the stock Klusons, they're absolute garbage). Out of the box it needed a setup and Chris did an awesome job with it. The intonation is almost dead on and that's unheard of for a wraparound bridge guitar. There is no need for new pickups, the stock Gibson ones are great. It gets great jazz box tones in the neck, jangle in the middle position and a crunchy, snarling bridge.

It sounds like what a good Gibson should. It's not super heavy, it has great sustain and sounds good unplugged, it has a nice nitro laquer finish. There are no issues with the binding or fretwork like many others have. I told Saul I wanted nothing less than a perfect made Gibson and he provided it. Everything down to the grain in the wood was done right.

According to Musicians Friend, these guitars cost around $1900: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/517059/

I'll sell mine for $1750 shipping/insurance included within the conUS loaded with all the goodies pictured. I accept Money Orders and will accept Paypal (if the buyer agrees on splitting the fee in half with me).

I have plenty of references, so purchase with confidence! I just sold my hotrodded Don Grosh Bent Top Custom to UliRawks on TGP: [email protected]. Sold Voodoo pickups to Roger: [email protected]. Sold a WCR pickup to Martyk on TGP, Hughes & Kettner Triamp to MikeyG on TGP, another WCR pickup to blugupLEE on TGP. I am "the_Chris" on TGP and "the-seattle-rocker" on eBay so feel free to check my feedback.
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 11-06-2005, 08:56 PM.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Re: I can't believe I'm doing this: 1960 RI Gibson Les Paul Special DC for sale

You put Sperzels on that thing?! Nice guitar...too rich for my blood though.

Comment

bump
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

I can't do this... sorry guys, I'm not selling this guitar after all

Comment

I would have liked to have the hughes and kettner triamp....
          Originally posted by Briand
          keeping Steph in-line is dang near an all day job.
          Originally posted by OneSecksieGearJoneser
          Happy birthday darlin! If I had the X Files on DVD, I'd send it your way. I'm generous like that.

Comment

Originally posted by groupiegirl
            I would have liked to have the hughes and kettner triamp....
            I wish I still had my Triamp

But I'll be singing a different tune when the Fargen comes back!

Comment

Is it the one you said you sold waaay back? Reading that above I thought you had ANOTHER one and had sold it....alright, I am still looking...sweet guitar though
              Originally posted by Briand
              keeping Steph in-line is dang near an all day job.
              Originally posted by OneSecksieGearJoneser
              Happy birthday darlin! If I had the X Files on DVD, I'd send it your way. I'm generous like that.

Comment

Originally posted by groupiegirl
                Is it the one you said you sold waaay back? Reading that above I thought you had ANOTHER one and had sold it....alright, I am still looking...sweet guitar though
                Yep, I had a Mk 1 EL-34 version I sold a long time ago No more Triamps for Chris, just way too much power for my needs

Upon second thought, I was made for this guitar so it's just gotta stay

Comment

Working...
                X