No announcement yet.

MONSTER PEDAL SELOFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No connection to the pedal or the seller in any way, Mincer. Just don't like seeing people steal the IP of honest companies, and move fraudulent products into the musical community.

And I would not call this a 'clone'-an Agile is a clone of a Les Paul, a Joyo is a clone of a tubescreamer. This is a counterfeit, violating the trademark and copyright of a company still operating, with the specific intent (not on the seller's part, but the manufacturer's part) to deceive.

If I build a tele (and I have), I'm cloning a guitar. If I put a Fender logo on the headstock (and I know lots of folks do), I'm counterfeiting a guitar. Once that leaves my possession, it risks deceiving folks who don't know its provenance.

I'll bring this back again to counterfeit Seymour Duncan pickups; I'd imagine every single person on this board is frustrated they now have to worry about buying second-hand Duncan's, and ensuring they're legit, because of the proliferation of counterfeits. It makes it harder for musicians, damages SD financially and could damage SD reputationally if someone buys a crappy counterfeit pickup and thinks that's what a Duncan sounds like.

With all that said, why would Seymour Duncan want to be involved in trafficking counterfeit products via their forum; that's what prompted my question.

And again-your house, your rules. I was simply asking a question that seemed reasonable to ask.

Larry

Comment

Working...
    X