WTB: Single coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Single coils

Anybody selling a set of singles? Need 3 for a Strat.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

What sort of flavor and budget we working with here?
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
      What sort of flavor and budget we working with here?
      I’m not looking for anything crazy expensive, or mini humbuckers. No ceramic bars, either. Aside from that, I’m open to trying pretty much anything.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Have you looked into Bootstrap pickups? Haven’t tried them myself, but they’re very affordable and seem to get positive reviews.

Comment

I have a bootstrap A3 set installed in my partscaster. Took a few weeks longer than I expected to get them, but they sound great. Compared to some overwound singles I had in the same guitar, they're a little crispier in the top and bouncier in the bottom.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I was about to say. If you want to keep it sane, price-wise, Bootstrap or Zhangbucker would be the guys I'd hit up for singles.
            if you want to get great pickups for less than a sit down meal for two at a restaurant, Guitar Madness on ebay is pretty darned great. His 62'z set sounds FANTASTIC. They're built on plastic bobbins and have plastic insulated hook-up wire, but Duncan, Dimarzio, and Fender all do it to some of their pickups with zero ill effects.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

GFS Pros has been my “go to” cheap pickups set. However, I had never heard of the Bootstrap pickups before. How can you not try them at $50 a set?
              -Chris

Comment

I reached out to the Bootcamp guys to see what they recommend for me. Given the price, and that they're made in the state where I live, I'll be trying some of their pickups.

Comment

Going to have to give us a review
                  -Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X