Early 70's Gibson mini-humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 70's Gibson mini-humbuckers

Okay, I took these out of a 1976 Ibanez Firebird. These have the Gibson patent number sticker on the bottom of the pickups. They are equipped with the black plastic covers similar to early 70's SG's. The covers do not come off and the ears are a little bent. They are scratched a bit, and the polepieces show some discoloration and rust.

BONUS: They still have the little spring clips on the ears of the pickups. As far as I know, they are not available any more. The wires were cut short years ago and other wires (looked like ATT telephone wiring) was soldered on very poorly. The pickups still work great, and sound good - lots of bite! The original pickup rings are gone, too.

Anyone want them? Let's make a deal. I'm thinking $300 w/ free priority shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4502.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	6220038 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4505.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	6220039 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4507.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	6220040
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

These are very rare Gibson minihumbuckers used on the so called Type 4 SG Special with these black plastic covers. They came on the market in late 1972 until 1977.
    Good luck with the sale.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Anyone care to make an offer?

Comment

$250?

Comment

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
          X