Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 2010 Gibson ES-335 Limited Run in Inverness Green

FS: 2010 Gibson ES-335 Limited Run in Inverness Green

Selling my 2010 Gibson Memphis Custom Shop limited run ES-335 in Inverness Green as I’ve acquired another ES-335 that has a neck shape more agreeable to my (rather large) hands. I generally don’t get along with guitars that have thin necks, which is a testament to how this thing sounds. I’ve held onto this guitar for over a decade because it sounds so great, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that the neck shape just doesn’t agree with me and that I don’t pick it up enough because of that. But if you like Gibson’s ‘60s Slim Taper necks, this guitar is pretty incredible and a looker to boot.

Out of an abundance of caution, I’d say the guitar’s condition is an 8.5/10. I only give it slight demerits for tarnished/faded hardware (tuners, bridge, stop tailpiece and latches on the case) and an imperfection in the finish near the nut on the bass side of the neck. From what I can well, it appears to be a couple fine hairs from a brush (?) that made their way under the clear coat near the nut (see the pictures). It appears like a hairline crack upon first glance, if you even notice it at all, but if you look closer, it is an imperfection in the finish that can’t even be felt. I can only say that Gibson makes a great sounding guitar, but their quality control can sometimes be… lacking… However, the fit and finish is otherwise very good – it doesn’t have the typical sunken finish line where the heel on the neck meets the body, like so many other ES-335s I see.

The chrome on the pickups is not pitted and the finish on the body is about as close to perfect as a 13+ year-old guitar can be. The bridge/tailpiece and tuners are really the only parts that don’t look brand new, and the hardware really looks more “aged” than anything if you’re into the relic’d trend. You could easily replace the bridge, tailpiece and tuners and have a guitar that looks brand new.

Not looking to trade, as I already have its replacement in my hands. Happy to answer any questions.

Spec Notes
    Neck Material: Mahogany
    Neck Shape: 1960’s Slim Taper
    Depth at 1st (in): .815
    Depth at 12th (in): .901
    Nut Width (in): 1.71
    Scale: 24.75
    Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
    Fingerboard Radius: 12
    Fret Count: 22
    Body Shape: ES335
    Body Material: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
    Finish: Inverness Green
    Tuners: Grover Kidney
    Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
    Pickups: ’57 Classics
    Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones, & Toggle Switch
    Strings: .010, .013, .017, .028, .038, .048
    Year: 2010

Weight: 8.6 lbs.
    Serial Number: 11791717
    Case: Black Levant Case

Click image for larger version

Name:	Main_1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	6262519

Name:	Body_front.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	6262521

Name:	Guitar_back.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	6262522

Name:	Body_back.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	6262523 Click image for larger version

Name:	Headstock_front.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	6262524

Name:	Headstock_back.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	6262525

Name:	Case _1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	6262527

Name:	Neck Hair.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	6262528

Attached Files
    DayGlo

For some reason it isn't letting me edit the original post. Price drop to $3,400 + shipping. I'm in San Diego if anyone is local and would like to check it out in person.
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 01-18-2024, 12:27 PM.
    DayGlo

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Bump for price drop.
        DayGlo

Comment

Bump again for further price drop
          DayGlo

Comment

Working...
          X