Affordable Rarebird- 65 SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Rarebird- 65 SG

I have an incredible 1965 SG that I purchased in 1977 or 78. She started life as a Special, but somebody did some wonderful mods in the early 70s... tuners replaced with Grovers, tailpiece replaced with a Badass, rerouted for early DiMarzio PAFs, and refinished in black with a Les Paul decal.

The neck and heel are extremely thin. As a result, you get about as much upper fret access as possible. They don’t make mahogany like this any more, the tone is incredible and the mods make this a stable and easy to play guitar.

I've played her hard, the new finish was reliced in the real world, it's been face planted multiple times and as a kid I used to neck bend...so it's extremely tough and must have an exceptionally stable neck joint. Frets are original and have some playable wear high up the neck.

Neck is bound and case is original. No damage, breaks or repairs. The serial number is easily read and proves it’s a 65.

It's looking for a new owner who wants an affordable rarebird that can be gigged out in the real world without worries.

Last, and I have absolutely no documentation for this, I have been told that it was not unusual for Gibson to take trade-ins in the early 70s that were purchased by employees... Considering that the mods were logical and Les Paul decals were not readily available, whoever put her together really knew what they were doing.

Anyway, I'm downsizing and happy to hear from anybody that wants an extremely special rarebird.​
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

whats the neck like and what ya looking to get for it?

Comment

Necks in great shape! Messaged you with details.

Comment

Would you post a price?

Comment

Sure... $3999

Comment

Working...
          X