FS/FT Mesa Heartbreaker 2x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT Mesa Heartbreaker 2x12

Great amp, but I'm just playing bass now. Tubes were just changed (it's running EL-34's). This amp can run 6L6's, EL-34's, or 6V6's with just a flip of a bias switch. This amp is very versatile, just read some of the reviews on here or do a search on the gearpage.net. I have the footswitch as well. There no tears in the tolex.

I'm up for trades for bass equipment only. 4 string basses and cabs mainly. But let me know what you have

Will sell for $850 + shipping.

Re: FS/FT Mesa Heartbreaker 2x12

bump will sell for 800.

Comment

where are you shipping from, bro?
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

ALso, what kind of bass cabs are you looking for, and does it come with a footswitch?
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

PM's replied to.

It does have the footswitch.

As far as cabs the only ones I really don't like are Hartkes.

I prefer ampegs.

Comment

bump!

Comment

Absolutely beautiful amp! One of my favorite local blues/rock guitarists has one, and it just sounds like sex. If I had the cash, man...
              The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Comment

waht kind of amp would you say is comparable to it in the tone department?
                [SIZE=1]Guitars:
                Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
                Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
                Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
                Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
                Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

on the 'Love' channel you get from Fender cleans to the Mark series. You can get Santana's old sound to Metallica's Ride the Lightning.

The 'Lust' channel is voiced with more of a brit flavor. Like an old JCM 800 with more gain and more defined mids. But again there is alot of tone shaping room.

It's VERY versatile. Each channel has gain (volume) and master and the amp has an overall Level control as well.

You can go to the Mesa sight and download the instruction manual and it tells a ton about the tone stacks.

Comment

Hey corrosiontrav,

I have a great bass set-up, but I refuse to ship it, it's way too heavy. The cab's a 1970 Ampeg with 2 Altec Lansing (JBL) 15 inch speakers-- the same make of speakers Hendrix had in the Sound City cabs he used on a few recordings. The thing is that this cab weighs God knows what-- I'm getting old and I can't even lift by myself anymore, let alone build a crate around it so it can be shipped. If you are within driving range of south central Indiana, maybe you'd be interested. I've got an Ampeg V2 head too.

Comment

I would love this amp. Trade for a 67 bassman?

-X
                      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Hey guys,

sorry classicfool that 2x15 cab would be unwieldy for me.

And I need something more modern than the bassman.

I'm mainly looking for basses or basses and cash. I found a local store here with a Mesa 400+ that I think I want.

Comment

Originally posted by corrosiontrav
                          Hey guys,

sorry classicfool that 2x15 cab would be unwieldy for me.

And I need something more modern than the bassman.

I'm mainly looking for basses or basses and cash. I found a local store here with a Mesa 400+ that I think I want.
                          man I still want one of those Mesa 400+ amps...those things are incredible!!! Lots of tubes though, not sure I'd want to have to retube one
                          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
                            man I still want one of those Mesa 400+ amps...those things are incredible!!! Lots of tubes though, not sure I'd want to have to retube one
                            yeah re-tubing isn't something I'm looking forward to either!

But the tone is amazing!

BTW the Amp is now SOLD!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X