banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MORE of my **** for sale!!! Bass and Guitar! Buy up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE of my **** for sale!!! Bass and Guitar! Buy up!!!

Cort Curbow bass, in great condition.

Resonates like thunder and cool as hell to look at! Bought back in high school when I wanted to be a bass player. Turns out no! Never even got serious enough to buy my own amp, always used friend's/instructors. Sounded great

Bass is made mostly of artificial materials with a maple neck... has a "luthite" (lucite) body, with an artificial ebonol fretboard. 3 band eq. Active pickup (this one is a Cort pickup, rather than the Bartolini used on later models). Crazy wiring, consisting of a "slap switch" on the front that apparently boosts the highs and lows for a nice slap tone (controls on the back adjust the parameters).

Slight buckle rash on the back, there's a small crack near one of the lower strap buttons that extends into the control cavity, but it's of no real consequence... the biggest issue is that the odd person who owned this bass before me decided it needed a slightly higher than normal nut. You can deal with it, file it down or whatever.

Setup with extra heavy DR Bootzillas Comes with gig bag and new 9 volt sold

ALSO still for sale:

My crazy Schecter. DD bridge, split/parallel switch, phase between pickup switch (don't worry, I'll label all my crazy switches ) Graphite nut (really a great mod). chrome pickup rings. setup for ernie ball heavies. Hand drawn (in a bad way) pinstriping that will come off with nail polish remover. A few dings all around, but nothing noticeable (there's a tiny ding at the back of the neck beneath the headstock that you'd never notice... that's the worst one). Comes with gig bag with broken zipper. $170 plus shipping

(sorry for my digital camera being wonky)

also still for sale, 59 bridge pickup, plenty of lead, uncovered black/black with logo. 40 bucks plus shipping

slade
    Last edited by danglybanger; 03-09-2006, 03:23 PM.

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: MORE of my **** for sale!!! Bass and Guitar! Buy up!!!

going ebay in a couple days if no one's interested

slade

Comment

Curbow is SOLD!!!

If pressed I may also sell a Dunlop Crybaby GCB 95 for $50.

slade
      Last edited by danglybanger; 03-09-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

That Schecter is a hell of a deal, pity im really looking for a single coil strat style guitar at the moment. Good luck selling everything.
        Originally posted by ratherdashing
        If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Does it ever really bother some people how many deals they find on gear when they are waiting for their tax refunds?
          #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
          #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
          #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
          #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
          #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
          Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
          Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
          Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

uhh... just forgot when I pulled it out and took a look at it, the 59 bridge I'm selling actually does NOT have a logo. In case that's a selling point.

...and bump!!

Most likely my Paul and the Schecter will be on ebay tommorow.

slade

Comment

Are you sure the pinstriping will come off that easy? I mean... have you done this before? How will the finish underneath look? Will it be affected?
              Rick
              (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
              Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

I actually removed and redid half the stripes a month after I did it. I assume rubbing alcohol will do the trick once again. The finish shouldn't be affected.

If you're really interested I'll take it off myself and make sure.

Does anyone actually think the stripe adds to the guitar? You can't tell how crappy it is if you're on stage But if enough people think it's corny enough, I'll get it off and post new pics.

slade

Comment

In two photos it looks gold, but in the second one the pinstriping looks silver.

Anyway, it makes me think that binding would look good on this model, which I guess is the effect you were going for. It wouldn't look bad, if it didn't look hand painted. I'm not faulting you - I've done stuff like this myself. The difference, I do it to myself. I would probably remove it before I sold it if it were me.

I'm interested, but I probably won't be able to go for it right now - so don't go by what I say.
                  Rick

Comment

like I said, I can never get my digital camera in the right mode. It's very gold. The first pic is most accurate.

Figure I'll swab it off tonight. It'll make the guitar look cheap on ebay I suppose. I know here people care more about content than anything

slade

Comment

So is all the metal gold as well? That is, the bridge, switches and pickup rings - even the knobs? That's what they look like...
                      Rick

Comment

oh, no. Only the striping is gold. Everything else is chrome/silver. Except for the body which is blue.

slade

Comment

Working...
                        X